Sign in to follow this  
Farlis

Misty Fjords and Austria Professional 2004

Guest Ed Lin

Ok, they're both in completely different parts of the world but I love good scenery. I have my eye on both of these and both of these products are in the $50US range. I will likely eventually get both however......are there any of you out there that own both and if so, which direction should I head first -- "North to Alaska" :+ or to the stomping grounds of Mozart, Mahler and Strauss? :-violin Thanks.Ed Lin, D.O.S.

Both look very good actually. I have Misty Fjords and I have been close to ordering Austria Pro on a nunber of occasions but haven't yet.One thing to keep in mind is that Misty Fjords is very seaplane oriented with only a couple of land airfields. Also there aren't many signs of civilization out there. The coverage area consists of mostly fjords, mountains and forests - some like it, I personally find it becomes a bit boring after a while to fly over endless forests that never change. Austria, like most of Europe is more populated and there are several airfields as well.If you're a GA pilot: AustriaIf you're a bush pilot: Misty FjordsIf you fly jets: Neither - waste of money since you'll be too high to enjoy any of the details.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest Tim W

I have no idea about Austria Prof but I have MF and for scenery it is wonderful, an excellent piece of work with moving ships amd loads of other interesting places to visit. However it is short of airports/airfields as Holger by his own admission is not an airport designer. However if you like water landings, it's the one for you. If you want more airports, perhaps Austria Prof would be your best start. Personally I like the wildeness aspect that MF provides. Take your pick!cheershttp://members.chello.nl/t.westnutt/realair1.gif

Guest rino

a link to austria pro, please? Aerosoft maybe?thanx

Guest Len

If you're going to get Austrian Professional you MUST get the Austrian Airport series as well. It is an unbeatable combination as the airports are beautifully made.

Guest Ed Lin

This is all very interesting...much more than I expected. I'm learning about myself actually.I tend to like many facets of the FS. I tend to fly the heavies to a starting point, then fly low/slow with GA, often without ATC (Radar Contact). Sometimes I simply play music in the background.Nonetheless, I'm thinking Misty might not be the way I wanna go though I think I'd enjoy it. If it was under $30 bucks, yes, I'd have it already. But for $50 bucks, it might not be worth it for me.

Guest Ed Lin

Thanks for the suggestion about the Austrian airport series. That did cross my mind. I will look into it.

I have the Austria Professional add-on and I am very satisfied with. Although when compared to the Scenery Germany series it is at least 10 Bucks overpriced. Sure it covers and entire, yet small country, but as opposed to the Scenery Germany series there are no GA Airports enhancements, so you have to buy the Austrian Airports packages to remedy that.But currently it's the best there is to further enhance the alpine region and that is enough to make me happy. The next thing on my list is Real Germany 3 with the Bavarian Alps. That should make a welcome addition to that region.