Sign in to follow this  
Guest ohioguy

Landing the Flight1 727

Guest A321

Hi all,Im having trouble geting good landings in the F1 727.I try to keep on the glide path, but I just cant seem to get it to lose height with the flaps extended, so I end up floating down the runway, and having to cut the throttle hence landing at 97Knots!!! which sometimes depending on weight results in a thump.I calculated that for my weight I should be landing at around 130 Knots with 40 deg flaps. But just could not lose height once I got about 8 miles from the runway. If I cut the power back ill drop below my Vref speed, so what am I doing wrong?Any help on this subject would be great.ThanksJason

Guest B52Drivr

Jason,Let me get this right .. you're on the GS/LOC, at 130kts, at 40 flaps, at sometime, usually 4-500 feet you should kill the AP/ hand fly the aircraft to the threshold, where at THAT time, you should have the throttles at idle, or moving to that point soon when crossing the threshold.Flare shoud cut your speed and unless you are experiencing some really strong ground effects, (you are landing INTO the wind, right?) the aircraft should just settle down and kiss the runway.Let me know.Clayhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...ers/Dopke01.jpgClayton T. Dopke (Clay)Major, USAF (retired)"Drac"

Guest ohioguy

Yep, landing the DF 727 is one of the most beautiful moments in Flighsim. I love the sound of the flaps going down and the gear handle sound as as I'm turning on final. Wow.

Guest ohioguy

sound as as I'm turning on final. Wow. "as as"...YES, I've had a couple of beers:-beerchugMy favorite night. Wife let's me drink a few while flying this DreamFleet beast around the Midwestern United States, loving every second..TWA out of STL of course.