Sign in to follow this  
Guest byoung

Feelthere ERJ and Go Flight P8 / LGT

Guest byoung

Anybody using the Go Flight Gear with the Feelthere ERJ?Any compatibility issues?Thanks!Barry

Guest av84fun

I am a DEVOTED Go Flight user, now with 8 components in my stack. Wouldn't sim without them. But 100% compatibility with add-ons is not possible so there will certainly be a few with the ERJ.The issue is that the add-on developers devise ways to create functionality that works around FS limitations and they all do things differently.The GoFlight software has a key mapping facility but I've not had time to mess around with it. I think you can key map around certain incompatibilities but not all I suspect because some of the add-on's features are not invoked with key strokes but rather clicking.But the components that I've never had any compatibility issues with include:1. GF 166A which is a "flip flop" nav/com. No more clicking frequencies. Very cool.2. GF P8 which is an 8 button module that be programmed to perform a huge array of functions. You will need 2 of those to come even close to what you can simulate.3. GF-MCP which is a dedicated autopilot module with altitude and direction hold, alt. preselect, approach, backcourse and speed settings. The only compatibility issues I've run into are on jets hwere you will often have to click a panel button to get the autothrottle to work.4.GF 45 which can be programmed to perform almost any function on the panel. I have two...one for the ADF and another for the XPDR although one unit can be made to perform both those functions.5. RP 48 which is a combination button and rotary knob module. I use the knobs for such things as selecting OBS2 radials, setting the altimeter, ADF freqs and rudder trim.Setting the modules up is a snap, even for the technochallenged like me. You just click on a graphic that looks like the module you want to program and you get a drop down menu that lists every function the unit will perform and you just select what you want.It is a slight bummer that you will still have to mouse a few features but VERY few--especially if you take the time to figure out how to key map. There is a forum that will help.I've had at least one module for at least 2 years and have never had a single problem with the units except every once in a while my system will burp and cause the heading hold function to run wild but let me guarantee you that in my RW flying, I have had PLENTY of autopilot problems including one runaway trim episode that got my UNDIVIDED attention so that little glitch just adss to the "real as it gets" experience IMHO. But BE SURE to use a powered USB hub.Regards,Jim

Guest byoung

Thanks Jim,I have the P8 and LGT.But I was wondering if there are any problems specifically with the Feel There ERJ.Thanks!Barry