Sign in to follow this  
Maks_Pathfinder

Again AI traffic nav lights

First of all, i'm long time user of Steve great Fixer, and i could neme myself as a happy customer indeed. At the moment almost all issues with DX10 solved for me with help which i gained on Steve blog and Avsim. And manual was read thoroughly. 

As i'm  using Vatsim almost always for my flight visibility of nav lights of traffic planes very important for me. If you choose to switch ON DX10 Compatible Lights then your Effects will be scanned, modified and after that all lights in FSX will be in perfect shape and visibility except nav lights of traffic planes - it's going to be invisible at short distance and certain angles. Ok, as per manal, i'm switching DX10 Compatible Lights off, rescanning of all Effect performing, restoring them to original state and voila - all nav lights for traffic planes are perfectly visible, but from other hand we have some problem with other Effects like aerodrom lights.

And now is my question - is that possible to determine what Effect is in charge of nav lights for traffic and just do not modifide it during intial installation of DX10 Compatible Lights? Could be perfect to have this opportunity - one additional option which could make our DX10 experiance a liitle bit more smooth and comfortable

Pleased to hear all opinions 

As i'm  using Vatsim almost always for my flight visibility of nav lights of traffic planes very important for me. If you choose to switch ON DX10 Compatible Lights then your Effects will be scanned, modified and after that all lights in FSX will be in perfect shape and visibility except nav lights of traffic planes - it's going to be invisible at short distance and certain angles. Ok, as per manal, i'm switching DX10 Compatible Lights off, rescanning of all Effect performing, restoring them to original state and voila - all nav lights for traffic planes are perfectly visible, but from other hand we have some problem with other Effects like aerodrom lights.

I'm still having problems with AI lights on VATSIM. I'm using MyTraffic X models - any of you guys are using those successfully on VATSIM under DX10 with working AI lights (not cutting off and visible)?  

Marks - Can I ask you what are your exact steps that you did with DX10 fixer to get the AI lights working properly (even if it broke other effects)? Are you running DX10 fixer version 2.0? What AI aircraft models are you using (and it's settings)?

The only thing that bugs me with DX10 are the AI lights. I know some of you guys run DX10 on VATSIM without any problems so if anyone could share an insight how you can fix this bug, that would really be great. 

Thanks! 

As per Fixer manual (do not remember page number, should check later) - if you have problem with AI traffic light visibility you may switch off DX10 Compatible Light feature or just do not tick it during of installation of libraries. in this case you could encounter problems for your plane's navigational lights same as with some Effect in legacy airports. I choose that option. I'm using only models from UT2 and now it is looking more or less without issues for traffic lights

... just do not tick it during of installation of libraries. in this case you could encounter problems for your plane's navigational lights same as with some Effect in legacy airports. I choose that option.

If I understand this correctly - you did not tick the Compatible Lights during the installation of libraries? Or did you actually tick it and install it and just disabled it later in the settings? 

I might have better luck with UT2 instead of MyTraffic X... 

Actually DX10 Compatible Light package could be switched on and off after installation of libraries or not installed at all - no difference. You can try at first step to switching it off and see 

Alright. I might give it a try this week and see.. if that fails I will try to get UT2 because that seems to work for you.. 

In MyTraffic X settings there is also this setting "Enable Effect Light"
joO24Hu.png

Do you have any idea what this setting could actually affect as far as DX10? What would be the difference if I tick it or not.. Maybe you have a similar settings in Ultimate Traffic 2? 

In view of above picture i think that you have 4 options  :ph34r:

1.DX 10 lights off/Enable effect off

2.DX 10 lights on/Enable effect off

3.DX 10 lights off/Enable effect on

4.DX 10 lights on/Enable effect on

Most probably 1st and 3rd variants will work

MarkVcz, In the "Aircraft Config editor" shown above, make sure to click on the box for "Use models for wide screen".   This will make the AI wing tip lights more to scale and not big red and green blobs.   It makes a world of difference, visually.

Alexander Alonso

Thanks so much for your tips guys! I'll try to test it on Sunday. Anything else I should know as far as maybe configuring FSInn in terms of rendering the aircraft lights? Anything else that might affect the lights visibility and cutoff under DX10?

@FlyAndFight Are you flying with MTX on VATSIM under DX10?

MarkVcz, I am not flying on VATSIM, but did fly with MTX under DX10.   I should have mentioned that as well.

Alexander Alonso

MarkVcz, I am not flying on VATSIM, but did fly with MTX under DX10.   I should have mentioned that as well.

YAY! Finally someone with MTX and DX10. Can I ask what are your settings in the MTX's Aircraft Config Editor (as pictured above) and what are your DX10 fixer settings as far as effects configuration? 

hi guys!

does you know if this trick solve also the lights that seems to stay over the plane and runways?

thanks

As far the MTX Aircraft Config settings go, I have the same settings as you show above, but with the addition of the "Use models for widescreen" option clicked as well.

In the DX10 Fixer, I'm having trouble posting a print-screen.  Basically it's working for me with the default settings.  I did tweak one or two later on, just to see if there was a difference, and I'm honestly not sure if there is.

Alexander Alonso