Sign in to follow this  
Guest Joshieca

How close it too close?

Guest tgabriel

Telephoto lenses have a remarkable way of foreshortening things. The plane is quite far away from the bus - if you look in front of the bus you will see people at a fence looking at the airplane taking off. It does look like the plane is almost to hit the bus but it is probably several hundred feet away. One of my favorite Airliners.net photos is of an airliner coming in for a landing and it looks like it is a thousand feet too high!

Where is the right main gear??!! Or am I just blind?Wolfgang

Guest catalinaflyer

Well, I guess as close as you want it to be in PhotoShop. Whoever cut the plane out should have done a little better job around the nose wheel. Also, the plane is in a take-off configuration but appears to be at either the approach or departure end of a runway, not where a heavy jet rotates on takeoff.

Guest catalinaflyer

If you say so, looks like a professional cut and paste to me but I'm usually wrong more often than I'm right.

It appears that the bus is beyond the landing aircraft. What caught my attention was where is the right main landing gear?

Happy landings,

Mike Eppright (KAAO)

The bus is in fact closer to the camera than the airplane. You can see the right main gear through the windows of the bus.

That's it! You are right! Now I got it! I allways assumed the bus was behind the ac. But, as you say, the bus is before the plane - otherwise it must be a giant bus! :-)Wolfgang