Sign in to follow this  
Guest B52Drivr

another overpriced FS2004 add-on

"MDMax is a professional MD-80 cockpit developed for use with FS2004. This product is the result of years of work dedicated to researching and developing the most complete and realistic reproduction of the MD-80 cockpit, never seen before for a personal computer simulator. Thanks to its many features, this product addresses in particular users who wish to learn the real techniques of how to pilot an MD-80.MDMax has been developed by Rodolfo Arata, the author of the Mad Dog for FS98 and FS2000. The use of MDMax requires that all realistic procedures of the MD80 are strictly followed, from the preparation of the start-up sequence, to the realistic checklist procedure and right through to the shutdown sequence of the engines once you are at a stand-still in the parking area. All MD80 systems and equipment have been faithfully reproduced with extreme precision and are all perfectly functional.'MDMax will be released on January 29th. Price of the main panel is 39 Euros, and the FMS module can be bought as separate package for 15 Euros. External aircraft model is available for 10 Euros."http://www.mdsuper80.com/And that is 64

Hi,How do you know it is overpriced? Already bought/downloaded and reviewed it?The price is indeed higher than other packages, but so say it's overpriced without knowing anything about the product itself, is a bit risky.The developer is not new, in fact he's around since at least FS98.He developed the famous Super MD80 package for FS98/FS2000, for that time very sophisticated cockpits.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Hi there, people seem to compare the price of add-ons with the price of FS2004 itself. I think the price reflects the total number of sales. FS2004 will sell by the million, whereas add-ons will sell at significantly lower volumes, and this will be reflected in the price. I think a similar scenario is that people will pay 100 euro (or whatever) for windows XP, yet additional applications can cost many times this price. I think that a lot of FS add-ons are way underpriced when you consider the hours spent in development. I have just spent a year on my latest creation, yet the returns per hour will be peanuts.Cheers,Nick.

Actually it takes over two years and a huge team (20+ people in the core development group) to develop an actual computer game yet those sell for

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest LLgaz

Hey....do what I do. If I think its too expensive, I simply don't buy it. That's the power you have. I won't be spending that much money on that add-on. I'm looking forward to the LDS767 which will more than satisfy all my FS needs in the near future.The MD80 is nice, but its not worth that much to me even if it makes me coffee.You think its overpriced......you're entitled to your opinion. Just don't buy it.Others will purchase it because that price is like a stone falling in the ocean for them....that's ok too.I could never understand why people complain about prices for add-ons. If these guys want to charge an arm and a leg....then let them. That's also their right. But its your right to buy it or not buy it.

Well said.I spent more than that on the PSS Airbus Pro and liveries (plus additional documentation, flightplanning software, charts, etc. etc.) and I've never regretted it.If you get 100 hours of fun out of a

Guest Peter Sidoli

>The complete cockpit is available from Jan. 29th in

Guest danowat

It's a little unfair to say this product is overpriced without get some real feedback on it first, heck it might be the best panel ever made for FS.Will I buy it?, NO, simply because I do not like the "buy the first part, and the next bits (FMC in particular) will come out in XXX".I DO NOT like this way of marketing addons, wait till its complete THEN sell it.I have been burned, and seen others get burned by this process, the extra bits never come, or take way longer than first stated.Dan.

Guest panda234

Dan, I'm with you there. I assume when he's finished the whole thing he'll offer a package price, and it'll be interesting then to see what it is. I would normally never do this either, but I'm tempted as I like the MD-80 so much. But we'll see...billg

I thought this subject had been put to bed a few weeks ago.Developers set the price. Customers decide if they're prepared to pay it or not.It's called market forces.

Guest Ashleigh Davidson

I understand Mad Dog is being updated ? If so then I think it's fair to say the price of this will have to come down to be competative, but good luck to him. The choice is yours, if your prepared to pay..go get it ! In future expect to see more add ons coming in at this price level. The price is led by market forces i.e. YOU ! The lead on this pricing was set by non other than Tishma's Ariane.At least he's not doing similar to another publisher naming a "new" product the same as a previous release with the same name but from a different publisher..how original and confusing is that ? Not at least to say a tad unethical.Ash

> I'm looking forward to the LDS767 which will more than satisfy all > my FS needs in the near future.More like the far of future. Flight 1 said the delay would be to mid-January. Right! We are now a couple day out from Feb. We'll all be sitting around at the end of February still wondering when it will be out.

Eric 

Guest Len

Well, if we have a "right" not to purchase this overpriced product we also have the "right" to complain about the price. Indeed maybe enough complaints would result in the developer/publisher lowering the price.

Guest Ashleigh Davidson

A midges over

An interesting step backwards in value...only a cockpit (at least at the beginning) and apparently only a 2D cockpit at that. Plus a price for additional liveries. Sometime I wonder whether some of these talented developers are aware of basic economics like the supply-demand curve, where you could actually gain more profit by lowering the price.Anyway, good luck to them. They'll need it if they want to even approach the technical sophistication and excellent value of other FS9 airliner add-ons from that era (think the DF 727).