Sign in to follow this  
paulyg123

My Time in a 777-200 Sim

Whats the place called? Thanks!

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

Were CNN trying to replicate every possible scenario regarding MH370 in real-time? I've said it before and I'll say it again: let the investigators do their jobs.

Best regards,

Robin.

Yeah they were and it was pretty bad speculation coming from an MSM news source which is a shame.  You can't trust any major networks or the government now.  I think the reason for all the speculation is that this assumed crash is one of a kind.  Even in the Air France disaster there was evidence and debris after day 2.  MH has just...vanished...with absolutely no trace.  If there is a trace were not being told about it, fuelling the fire for more speculation.  Since we're not supposed to talk about MH on these parts of the interwebs I'll shut up now.  

It's not a full motion sim, and did you hear the instructor they had on CNN got fired for "making Canadians look unprofessional" due to his work attire.  Pathetic.  

I'm sorry to see the instructor on the CNN segments was fired.  I could sort of relate to him, he seemed like your everyday Joe with a passion for simming, like most of us here, living the dream and getting paid for it.   Seeing him on CNN giving such positive PR to his employer, I was jealous. 

But I will say that his supervisor had a reason to let him go if he was late to work, but not for his style of dress, as I'm sure a simple warning about his clothing would have sufficed.  Not knowing the whole story, if there was tension between the two and Mitchell had a history of insubordination, it seems his boss's decision was justified.  Regarding the casual attire, I noticed that right away, but it didn't bother me.   However, I did think that if it was my simulator, I would have asked him to dress more professionally.  Perhaps a nice shirt and khakis, but a pressed uniform with the epaulets would be over the top.   No need to go Frank Abagnale on us.

The investigators made an assumption on distance based on remaining fuel. That pilot could have put the T7 down anywhere in the ocrean like the guy that landed in the Hudson. Think they needed to follow the supposed route a bit more closely rather than take to remaining out of fuel.

Rob

Very cool report. It brings up that question which pops up a few times a year. You fly the PMDG NGX or 777 20 hours a month using real world weather and Airline SOP. Could you fly a real one? Well a Level-D sim is pretty much a real one, no pressure with real lives and no pressure with your own life but I honestly think many of us would be capable of flying one of these things.

Really cool reading about it. I have a friend who works for Delta in Atlanta, he told me next time I am in Atlanta and have some free time he might be able to get me in a 777 sim. I would love that! Need to try to make some time to get to Atlanta.