Sign in to follow this  
redduke

Comm Radios Out

I was wondering if anyone might have an answer for a radio problem ? I have lost voice with all

the radios in all the a/c in FSX. When tuning a frequency the words will stream across the screen but there is no sound.

The other sounds such as the VOR and ADF morris code are there but nothing from the comm radios.

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "Flight Simulator Tips and Tricks" to "MS FSX Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

You may want to check the sound settings in your computer to make sure htey are not being directed towards headphones.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Thank you for your suggestions ,I have tried them and so far no luck. The only thing I have been able to get is the first word when tuning atis and then no more sound on the comm radios.

Some of the a/c will pick up the morris code on the nav radios but not all will. I tried loading a new fsx.conf but that didn't work.

Did you edit the sound section of your FSX.cfg?

Mine looks like this:

[sOUND]
AmbientUIMusicVolume=-6.000000
SOUND_FADER1=0.380000
SOUND_FADER2=0.780000
SOUND_FADER3=0.350000
SOUND_FADER4=-1.000000
AmbientUIMusic=FSX01
PrimaryDevice={DEF00000-9C6D-47ED-AAF1-4DDA8F2B5C03}
VoiceDevice={DEF00002-9C6D-47ED-AAF1-4DDA8F2B5C03}
SOUND=1
SOUND_QUALITY=2
SOUND_LOD=0
UISound=0
AmbientUI=0

I edited the sound section in FSX.cfg ,still no sound on comm radios. I think its probably something fairly simple but I haven't been able to figure it out.

I see your sim is FSX.  Standard, Deluxe or Gold?  If Standard or Deluxe, do you have SP! and SP2 installed?

Try Right-clicking on your FSX.exe and choose "Run as Admin" and allow changes to be made.  Then

recheck your sound settings.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Also: do you have a cold-and-dark default flight with Master Avionics switched off?

Try loading MS C172, switch Master Avionics on on that aircraft, save as default flight, exit FSX and then reload (also switch all radios on in the VC cockpit before saving), and see if it changes anything.

I have mapped a button on my joystick to Turn Master Avionics On simply because there are a number of add-ons I have that don't have that switch in the cockpit, or their electrical design gets messed up by it being off, so I have to hit the button to set Master Avionics On before starting up the aircraft to make sure there are no oddities subsequently.

My FSX is the Gold version. I have tried the suggestions and still no comm radios, I have checked the radios on all my a/c and they are all on and I checked the volume.

I know it has to be something simple, but me being a simple man I haven't found it. I appreciate your input, if you have any other suggestions I'll be glad to give them a try.

Have you updated the sound hardware or drivers which may have started this problem?

Tom

"I just wanna tell you both: good luck. We're all counting on you."

I'm trying to keep it simple.....Is the comm1 audio light on?  I tried switching it when receiving a transmission from ATC and no audio, but the written info still streams.

Do you have a pilot's voice selected in your sound settings?

Charlie Aron

I would like to thank all of you for your input on this problem of mine. I updated the drivers for the sound card and that solved the problem.