Sign in to follow this  
brynjames

Any good payware A-320

Hi, was wondering if anyone could suggest a good payware A-320 that isn't PSS. I already have their 330 and 340, and now I would like something with a little bit more system functionality.Jeff USAF

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

nope, there isn't one.Wilco have theirs but from what I've seen and heard of it (store demos, user comments) it's not that good.I do hear Airbus sells the real thing rather cheap these days :D

Guest danowat

The PSS A320 is the best A320 available, and I think the panel combined with the iFDG models is pretty good.I am going to get slammed for this, BUT, I am going to suggest you take a look at the SSW A310, if it was'nt for the few remaining bugs, and the extremely lax support, this plane would be at the top of the pile.Since really getting into this plane it has been my "default" plane, I am really starting to think its as good as the PMDG 737.Bottomline is, it is a hardcore simulation of an A310, yes, its not perfect, but it is bloody good.Dan.

I'm going to get the 310 when they release the 1.5 patch, which Evegeni says is coming soon. Too bad there are no A-320's out there, I like PSS, but it's not quite as technical as I like, I may give it a try though. ThanksJeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

How about the apollosoftware.com Fly-by-Wire series?I haven't used the Apollo aircraft, but the pdf file available on their site claims they properly implement fly-by-wire in the product. Maybe a user could chip in with their experience. The pdf is a good read in any case.I have seen other suppliers claim that fly-by-wire can't be implemented in FS because of basic limitations in the FS system. If Apollo are right, it looks as if people should never say "it can't be done" because someone smarter will come and prove you wrong :)--Bryn

Apollo has many bad reviews (most of them in German) Look for a review (in German) at http://www.flusiforum.de/reviews/apolloairbus/review.htmThe PIC 320 also has fly by wire that operates outside the FS engine. I use the PIC in FS2002 and like its totaly fly in the virtual cockpit approach to things. Needs a good & fast PC to run and an open mind to approach things in a new different way. In my personal opinion none of the modern add-on airliners (including the PMDG 737NG in FS2004) has as much functions in the virtual cockpit as the PIC 320.Aerosoft wil release a LTU airliner packhttp://www.aerosoft.com/shop-re_s/ltu_2005...order_now_.htmlIt contains scenery and Airbus A330-200 / Airbus A321-200 / A320-232 aircraft. Nothing is known about the quality of these busses at the moment.Maybe a wait and see approach works best.At the moment I fly an iFDG A319 / A320 in FS2004. I use the PSS panel for it [and sometimes I even switch to the Eurowings 2004 panel (when I'm lazy).I can't reccommend any of the A320's that are out at the moment. All have their share of issues. The iFDG 320 with PSS panel looks like the best compromise at the moment. And concerning the system management in the buss panels... maybe the airbusses are that much simpler to handle :-)

simcheck_sig_banner_retro.jpg

Guest jacaru

I also think PSS 320 + IFDG A320 + FDE v10 by pedro oliveira is the best combination.PIC 320 seems to have some remaining issues with 9.1 patch and the descent profile is not modeled correctly. No support too.

Guest buzzhard

Do not buy A320PIC. It was so pathetically inadequate I thought I had purchased a pirated copy, until I realised that pirates have better business ethics than any one charging for this piece of trash.

Guest lalo lolo1

For the price the PSS320 is being sold at, there's nothing that can beat it.Leo