Sign in to follow this  
roxiedog13

Problem with setting up flight controls PFCyoke and Saitekpedals

I bought a top of the line system four years ago , installed it then let it sit until now.

I originally had Saitek Pro yoke and Pedals, now I have a PFC airliner yoke. I also purchased a Goflight airliner module including all the radios, swithches, throttle quadrant etc.

Problem is I cannot seem to set up the controls to work under the settings . My older versions of MSfs never had this issue that I recall, this X version  is unnessarily complicated .

Right now my PFC yoke is not working even though it is shown in the list and I have calibrated the same. Instead I have the Saitek rudder pedals and the Goflight TQ6 throttle quadrant

controlling the flight controls.

I'm considering going to X-Plane anyway, but would like to give FSX an honest try first.

Suggestions please?? 

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "Hardware Controllers & Drivers". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Hi roxiedog13, not sure if I can help.  I use a PFC Yoke and Jetliner Console (also from PFC).  I am not sure if you can use the Yoke on its own, as mine plugs into the jet liner console, which in turn plugs into a serial port on my Server PC.

For my set up, I require FSUIPC which makes a folder called 'moduls' within FSX.  Into that Folder you place PFC.dll 4.4.1.0 which will then allow one to set everything on console and yoke.

If you want to get hold of this dll, do a search for Project Magenta.  Go to Downloads, and scroll right down until you see a link to FSUIPC.  On that page you will see a download for the PFC.dll 4.4.1.0.  I am not sure if you will need a registered version of FSUIPC, but I wouldn't think so.  I use a registered version which is required when networking.

If you are able to plug your yoke into your PC, either USB or serial port (recommended), then you might be able to get it going following the above.  If you can set this up, then, by pressing Alt/addons within FSX, you will get a drop down menu giving you the necessary yoke settings.  As you might already know, you need to set up 'center null' positions etc.

Hi roxiedog13, not sure if I can help.  I use a PFC Yoke and Jetliner Console (also from PFC).  I am not sure if you can use the Yoke on its own, as mine plugs into the jet liner console, which in turn plugs into a serial port on my Server PC.

For my set up, I require FSUIPC which makes a folder called 'moduls' within FSX.  Into that Folder you place PFC.dll 4.4.1.0 which will then allow one to set everything on console and yoke.

If you want to get hold of this dll, do a search for Project Magenta.  Go to Downloads, and scroll right down until you see a link to FSUIPC.  On that page you will see a download for the PFC.dll 4.4.1.0.  I am not sure if you will need a registered version of FSUIPC, but I wouldn't think so.  I use a registered version which is required when networking.

If you are able to plug your yoke into your PC, either USB or serial port (recommended), then you might be able to get it going following the above.  If you can set this up, then, by pressing Alt/addons within FSX, you will get a drop down menu giving you the necessary yoke settings.  As you might already know, you need to set up 'center null' positions etc.

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated. Will try to download FSUIPC I have seen many references to this before . I've been away so long it's hard to remember most of the little things such as the null zone setting you mention. WIll ensure I have done that and make sure I have the latest drivers for everything too. My goal is to have a realistic flight simulation system that I can learn and practice IFR flight in real world situations, A certified approved system will be required as I intend to log time at some point. Real time weater and communications are important too but I first need to get the system running adequately before I start the add on process. Many have said X-Plane is better for IFR , I'm considering that too now as I have to go through a learning curve again anyway.

You are welcome.  If you need any further help based on what I have said, do ask.