Sign in to follow this  
seahawks

CS Paint kit problems !

Hello All,

I duplicated this post here, from CS unofficial forum, I think that is the best place to have an answer.

I have downloaded the paint kit for the 757-200 and 300 from captainsim, and I can't convert the psd texture to BMP that doesn't work? And no help from CS forum :mad:

I use PSD Viewer and/or Easy2convert, and these programs work very well with PSD textures from PMDG Level D and others??

Anybody has an idea?

Your answer will be greatly appreciated

Thank in advance for your help

Best regards

Dom

Hello.

I'm somehow confused about what are you trying to convert and why. Usual workflow is:

1. Download PSD paintkit

2. Open it in Photoshop or GIMP (or whatever are you using) and do your work.

3. Save it as regular BMP file. If alpha channel is present, save it separately as well. That's because neither of those programs can save extended bitmaps, hence the step 4...

4. Open those files in DXTBmp and save as extended bitmap (import the alpha beforehand, if needed). Done.

What are you using to paint?

1. Download PSD paintkit ??????

What are you using to paint?

I use Paint Shop Pro 5 and this prog can not open any psd from any paint kit.

Usually I use PSD Viewer to convert to BMP and after painting I use DXTbmp.

Have you seen…..I wrote  "  I have downloaded the paint kit for the 757-200 and 300 from captainsim, and I can't convert the psd texture to BMP that doesn't work? For CS psd texture ??

Best advice I can give you is to download and learn GIMP (it's free, Photoshop is not). It should open PSDs just fine, although I personally don't use it. It doesn't make any sense to convert PSD paintkits to anything, because paintkits are usually layered to help with painting or contain alpha information. By converting it to bmp, you're rendering it useless.

Adobe Photoshop CS2 is freeware now. It is a much earlier version of the current version of CS6. It has layers and all that other good stuff.

No, CS2 is not freeware. Adobe provided activation-free version to download for their customers after they closed activation servers. You can download it, but technically, you're still using it ilegally then, if you haven't purchased CS2 key.

I guess that people who are using it without a purchase really don't care if it's legal or not, but don't say it's freeware. It's not.

No, CS2 is not freeware. Adobe provided activation-free version to download for their customers after they closed activation servers. You can download it, but technically, you're still using it ilegally then, if you haven't purchased CS2 key.

I guess that people who are using it without a purchase really don't care if it's legal or not, but don't say it's freeware. It's not.

Thank you GeorgeLKMT  for this information, I'll back to the CS to get the paint kit; I have purchased the 757

That's OK. With the new DXTBmp version 4.00.96 we can open the psd from paint kit.

Except from, CS paint kit. All psd are white only?????( it' not free paint kit)

Thank you GeorgeLKMT  for this information, I'll back to the CS to get the paint kit; I have purchased the 757

I think you misunderstood. I was talking to tvieno about photoshop licencing (CS2 = Creative Suite 2)

That's OK. With the new DXTBmp version 4.00.96 we can open the psd from paint kit.

Except from, CS paint kit. All psd are white only?????( it' not free paint kit)

I figured out why this particular paintkit is white for you. It's because all layers are hidden by default, so those crappy programs can't see it.

But, that still doesn't matter. Get a painting program that supports PSD right away. If you were converting your PSD to BMP before, you were doing it wrong while defeating the whole purpose of PSD!!!

I stand corrected. I heard and knew about not having to purchase and download CS2. I never know the story behind it. I suppose if Adobe had an issue with people downloading it who hadn't purchased it, they'd have done something about it.

I suppose if Adobe had an issue with people downloading it who hadn't purchased it, they'd have done something about it.

Yeah, they probably don't care too much. But it's still importnant to know this because I can imagine some people installing it on company's computers thiking it's free and business + non-licenced software = big trouble :) At home, you're usually going to get away with it.

With the new DXTBmp version 4.00.96 we can open the psd from paint kit.

Whaaaa.....????

How do you do that?

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Whaaaa.....????

How do you do that?

File -> Open?  :biggrin:  :P Or you can drag your file into the window, that works too! But it's really good only for viewing "as is", don't expect any magic.

Whaaaa.....????

How do you do that?

Only PSD from all aircraft add-on like PMDG Level D, except Captainsim RK (psd textures)

I don't know why??

Sorry for my English 

Hi all,

I give up, :(

I tried to convert 757-300 pds texture from Captain Sim paint kit by some free online conversion. I get just blank texture only white and unusable.

CS paint kit is a big ######, that it.

Thank to all for your help.