Sign in to follow this  
fulcrum_64th

EZDOK mouse look and win 8.1 x64 problem

Gentlmen, I think we're on to something here for everyone who has problems with mouse in Windows 8 smiley4.gif

A guy named Frank suggest a weird solution for a problem I had with Windows 8 and some other add-on for FSX (Reality XP gauges, check it out here if interested). His solution solved my problem and also made the mouse issues with EZdok vanish smiley4.gif

Try it and see for yourself:
  1. Open the Windows 8 search box: Win + Q
  2. Type: "choose how to report problems"
  3. Select: "Never check for solutions (not recommended)"
After 2 computer restarts, 6 or 7 launches of FSX, different aircrafts, sceneries, airports, seasons and daytimes: it works every time! Hope you all can confirm this.

Can we confirm it's working with 8.1 as of now, switching to Beta seems pretty risky.

Really dalle, that's a fix? I'll try it but seems very odd.

Yes indeed, it's weird but it's a fix. Even the creator of EZdok (Marniftarr on Simforums) was like "oh ok, i now what is messed up since this fix does the tick". He found the bug and corrected it in 1.18 beta.

Can we confirm it's working with 8.1 as of now, switching to Beta seems pretty risky.

Yeah it's woking in win 8.1. And you don't even need to do that if you switch to 1.18 beta as stated above. It's not risky, the beta works fine. Try it, you can easily downgrade if you're not happy with it.

Yes indeed, it's weird but it's a fix. Even the creator of EZdok (Marniftarr on Simforums) was like "oh ok, i now what is messed up since this fix does the tick". He found the bug and corrected it in 1.18 beta.

Yeah it's woking in win 8.1. And you don't even need to do that if you switch to 1.18 beta as stated above. It's not risky, the beta works fine. Try it, you can easily downgrade if you're not happy with it.

I'll give it a go :) Then try it in my Cessna.

Ok well it semi-works, the only thing that's missing is the 'shake effect'... Any thoughts?

Hello, I have the same problem on Windows 8.1, and I have found a fix.
All you have to do(or atleast what fixes mine) is

Go to  Addons -> EZDOK -> And click on GLOBAL ENABLE

This fixes mine everytime the problem occurs.

I hope it will help

Hello, I have the same problem on Windows 8.1, and I have found a fix.

All you have to do(or atleast what fixes mine) is

Go to  Addons -> EZDOK -> And click on GLOBAL ENABLE

This fixes mine everytime the problem occurs.

I hope it will help

What does it 'fix' exactly?

I may start a new form asking about how to fix the shakiness in EZCA, cus it's just not working in the Cessna.

Hey guys,

first of all: I do not know if this is already mentioned. Second of all: please try this before setting Ezdok properties and all that stuff that you can read all across the internet.

So, I was using Windows 8.1 and upgraded to 10 a couple of days ago. I have been trying to figure out what the problem was that made my Ezdok cameras not working.

The problem: the middle mouse button and keyboard keys aren't working when the EZCA Studio is not opened. (note: your problem may be slightly different, but when your middle mouse button is working, continue reading).

Version in use: 1.18.5 beta

Sim in use: FSX Steam Edition (this may help for P3D users as well though)

So. If it is not working, but you have set up your cameras, please save your camera files somewhere in a safe location, preferably on external storage. After that, get that external disk or usb stick out of your pc.

Now we can really get to work. Download and install the REVO Uninstaller (it's free, just a usual Windows uninstaller, but with this one you can remove Windows Registry Entries as well, important for this fix), there is a link below.

Okay, so REVO will firstly run the default uninstaller, go through that process and remove as many things from Ezdok as you can. Then, REVO will show you the registry files and all sorts of left behind stuff. Click select all and delete everything, the second time as well.

Now, go to the Flight1 Product Page. Download version 1.15, the normal one. Or use the first link below. Do not use any setups that may still be on your pc or on an external storage disk or usb stick.

1. Install 1.15 but DO NOT RUN THE CONFIG.EXE. After that, continue with step 2:

2. Click on the second link below for the 1.16 updater. Install v1.16. Again, do not run the config.exe yet.

3. Click on the third link below for the 1.17 updater. Install v1.17. Now, run the config.exe on behalf of the administrator. If you use FSX:SE or possibly P3D v2.x, it is going to say that it appears you do not have FSX:Gold and afterwards it wants to run some sort of a wizard. DO NOT RUN THIS WIZARD. Just make sure that menu disappears and click on the Configure FSX button. Then it is going to configure the aircraft files. That's fine. After that, close the config.exe again, but do not start your simulator.

4. Now, click on the fourth link below for the 1.18.5 Beta version, that is compatible with FSX:SE and P3D v2.x. Download that package. Follow the installation instructions. Or actually, just copy all of the items in there to your EZCA installation directory and overwrite anything possible.

5. Run the config.exe again as administrator (use the .exe inside the installation folder and not the one on your desktop). Configure your FSX/P3D files.

6. Start your simulator and off you go!

This worked for me! Good luck with it and I hope that it will work for anyone of you as well!

Links:

1. http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=ezdockcam#download  (v1.15)

2. http://www.simforums.com/forums/the-116-version-here_topic36708.html  (v1.16)

3. ​http://www.simforums.com/forums/the-v117-available-for-download_topic37361.html (v1.17)

4. http://www.simforums.com/forums/ezca-1185-beta-available-for-download_topic51089.html (v.1.18.5 Beta)

REVO Uninstaller:

http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html