Sign in to follow this  
Greg Goodavish

New 747

Will the 747 be updated to the 737NGX and 777 standards soon? I have been patiently waiting, and would like to know if work on this will start in the near future. Thx

Greg Goodavish

Than you for the reply.  Since it looks like it will be awhile, I am thinking of getting the 747X, but am a bit leery after reading all these posts about the plan bobbing up and down.  Do most people have this issue?  If so, I don't want to spend the money on it, and will just wait for V2.  Please let me know.

Greg Goodavish

V2 will come, but nobody knows when really. I'd guesstimate that it's still a ways out. But it's coming.

Than you for the reply.  Since it looks like it will be awhile, I am thinking of getting the 747X, but am a bit leery after reading all these posts about the plan bobbing up and down.  Do most people have this issue?  If so, I don't want to spend the money on it, and will just wait for V2.  Please let me know.

In realistic weather, including turbulence, you'll need the "usual" tweaks:

- Turn 'turbulence effects on aircraft' off in FSX options

- Don't use 'enhanced turbulence effects' in Active Sky Next

- You also may have to fiddle with that so-called 'turbulence scalar'

Otherwise it's a great experience: a majestic way of flying (no pun intended!) 

Unless Boeing decides to pull out of pmdg  :rolleyes:  Remember the terrorism hysteria? :wacko: :Monkey: :north-corea-flag:

Even if Boeing decided to stop working together with PMDG, it would be HIGHLY unlikely they'd just cease development. While they're probably a very useful resource, I doubt Boeing itself is the only reference PMDG uses. Development may take longer, a lot longer even, but I doubt it would cause much troubles.

Especially since Rob hinted a few times already that development on the 747v2 is well underway, and progressing nicely.

Will the 747 be updated to the 737NGX and 777 standards soon? 

The term "soon" is abused in this sector... I am still waiting for a scenery that Aerosoft, in February 2013, said would be out "soon"... 

James Goggi

I am still waiting for a scenery that Aerosoft, in February 2013, said would be out "soon"... 

Maybe Rome, Italy?? ;)

I'm not using FS9, but I know that Aerosoft 's FSX Version of that Airport is still missing.. :-(

The term "soon" is abused in this sector... I am still waiting for a scenery that Aerosoft, in February 2013, said would be out "soon"... 

If it's Rome you're waiting for, don't expect a killer airport.  I have it for FS9 and it's not exactly a looker.  It has a "freeware feel" to it.  Quality is quite low compared to other offerings from Aerosoft (Innsbruck, Ibiza, etc).