Sign in to follow this  
N1G

just installed the osm + hd sceneries and need validation of ini file

I have done the install of the hd osm sceneries and here is my ini file. Do I have the order correct?

I

1000 version
SCENERY

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/_FL_Demo_overlays/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/FL_Demo/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Global Airports/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KSEA Demo Area/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KSEA Demo Terrain/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/LOWI Demo Area/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/OpenSceneryX/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/OSM_North-America/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/zzz_hd_global_scenery2/

Also, I was going to install the treeline sceneries. If I do, where will they be inserted?

One more question. It would seem that the ksea demo area + it's terrain files would override the osm and hd sceneries is this correct?

Bob

Bob, I think the KSEA scenery area is relatively small compared to the tile used in the demo.

You can always disable the KSEA terrain entry to experiment using SCENERY_PACK_DISABLED.

For the trees and farms the website where you downloaded it states:

"For X-Plane 10 Tree Lines and Farms V2 to work correctly with other Scenery Packages, its best to put the folders close to the bottom of scenery_packs.ini BUT above the HD Mesh Scenery V2 folder (or ANY other base mesh package, like photoscenery from Simheaven.de)!"

Bob, I think the KSEA scenery area is relatively small compared to the tile used in the demo.

You can always disable the KSEA terrain entry to experiment using SCENERY_PACK_DISABLED.

For the trees and farms the website where you downloaded it states:

"For X-Plane 10 Tree Lines and Farms V2 to work correctly with other Scenery Packages, its best to put the folders close to the bottom of scenery_packs.ini BUT above the HD Mesh Scenery V2 folder (or ANY other base mesh package, like photoscenery from Simheaven.de)!"

Hey Dave, good idea. Just for clarification, do I disable both of these below or just the terrain entry? I am assuming the ksea demo area would contain the airport, special landmarks etc.

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KSEA Demo Area/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KSEA Demo Terrain/

Bob

This page:http://simheaven.com/?page_id=338 about quarter the way down, gives you a good priority order for your INI file.

As mentioned above, some scenery and addons have specific instructions where to place the scenery too.

Hope this helps!

C

Hi Conrad,

thanks for that. I am going to get this installed soon. 

Bob