Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

CTD

Returned home from a 5 week holiday recently and fired up FS9 only to find I had a bad case of the dreaded CTDs.FS9 had been working flawlessly on my slightly low end system until then.Now I get CTDs occurring on every flight I use live weather, either with AS2004 or FS9 weather generation.They occur erratically, sometimes 5, 10 or 30 minutes into a flight.I've checked various forums and see that many other users seem to be experiencing a similar problem.I've tried all the suggestions others have come up with such as a clean install of FS9, turning render texture on/off, updating display driver,etc etc but nothing works.The only explanation that I can come up with is that the seasonal change which occurred while I was on holiday has somehow affected FS9.Where I live in the southern hemisphere the seaons changed from spring to summer.That would explain why FS9 was working perfectly well beforehand and not afterwards.The issue is so darned frustrating that I'm about to give up simming but before I do I would appreciate any suggestions.Many thanks,Frank

Guest firehawk44

The recently issued update to FS9 fixes the seasonal change crash. Goto the MS Flight Simulator site and get the update if you haven't already. Jim

There's always the slight chance that your system, sitting idle for as long as it did, somehow suffered a surge in your absence. If FS2004 is the only unstable app, try removing all of your RAM chips but one, and see if stability improves. Random CTD's are almost always hardware or driver related. Seasonal CTD's are repeatable.-John