Sign in to follow this  
HUSSAR

Night Water Textures Appear as Tiles

After updating Orbx FTX Global and installing FTX Vector it appears the night water textures have changed. The water textures now consist of tiles and the color does not look the same and in some locations the night terrain textures have large squares sitting on the ground.

I pressed the F12 key for the top-down view and all the while zooming out I could see the textures as they sat as mip maps starting from the smallest (where I was located) to very large tiles outside my view as you can see below.

A backup copy of bkg.bmp was placed into the root FSX folder and into Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Texture folder and a copy of the WaterConstants.XML was placed into the FSX root, the shader cache was deleted but the water still looks the same.

I uninstalled FTX Global Vector as some elevations were affected and I wanted to get back to the point I was before FTXG Vector was installed hoping that the night water and in some cases night ground textures would appear as normal possibly due to a missing layer.  One of the developers at Orbx suggested that it is an inherent FSX fault so I figured they will not be able to help me.  I read that a fellow member of AVSIM fixed his issue by installing the latest UTX Europe and UTX USA updates, those updates did not resolve the issue.

At present I am considering that the LCLOOKUP.bgl a UTX .bgl or water textures from FTX Global are corrupt.

I am at my wits end here, I would really appreciate it if someone could provide an answer as to what may be going on.  For the sake of it, would someone mind starting a flight at Friday Harbour (KFHR) at night, then press the F12 key for the top down view and zoom out, do you see the terrain and water depicted as in the pic below?

Thank you,

Robert

cddbb795-575d-4b3c-bf75-0c2df8bd2940_zps

\Robert Hamlich/

Hi robert

I checked the view you  wanted and see almost the same as you.

on my view i have the squares as well.when you look out of window can you see black lines in the water at night.i had this issue when i used FSWC with orbx.

i'll have a proper look tonight when i get in

steve

I solved this by turning up water detail to High in the Scenery options of FSX - for my night flights.but I only have FTX Global.

Steve and Paul,

Thank you for your replies, I really appreciate it.  I posted over at FSDeveloper as well and someone replied today saying that it actually is the way FSX displays the water texture.  I was getting ready to uninstall a bunch of addons, all your replies saved me a ton of work.

Thanks again,

Robert 

\Robert Hamlich/