Sign in to follow this  
Guest hoohah

LOL - Had my first taste of censorship...

Guest hoohah

I just had my first experience with being censored on a payware support forum...LOL...wasn't even asking for help or being critical of a product (actually I was praising a product of theirs, but being critical of a particular biz decision). It seems that if you're not _completely_ kissing their butt, don't bother posting...heh, hehLike the sig says...

Guest anthonye

I wonder who's site that was thenAnthony

Guest flynman2

>I wonder who's site that was then>>Anthony nevermind

Guest anthonye

>>nevermindYes sorry forgot we must not mention them...........

Guest wee_davie_2612

'Local' by any chance? :-lol

Guest hoohah

The forum in question is _not_ hosted on AVSIM; but that's all I will say. No big deal really...I just thought it was funny...I guess it's a badge of honor in a stupid sort of way ;)

Guest hoohah

Suprised in the same way you would be if you were thrown out of because you suggested that you didn't want to have to eat fries with your burger - that maybe you just wanted a burger and would buy fries if/when you wanted them.If you were standing in the middle of the place shouting about how crappy the burgers and fries are...that's a different story...Puny analogy, and I must clarify that I haven't been "thrown out" of any forum. My post was just deleted and a phony sounding post was placed by a "mysterious" person who was giving great praise to the "burgers must come with fries" argument."No soup for you!" LOLI try to be helpful to other users on support forums - give solutions to problems I've found and/or confirm the existence of a "feature" so that they don't feel alone when the developer responds with "it works on my machine" (I've been a software developer for many years so I know the attitude well). But if I'm expected to pucker up every time I post, then forget it...

Guest ptwaugh

Just curious why you are shy about posting what forum/product.Frankly, I would without a second thought. The truth is the truth, and not liable.

Guest hoohah

Because it is a fine company with fine people who make and publish fine products. I harbor no ill will toward them at all. I just think it's funny how they over-reacted (IMO).I'm sure the experiences most developers have had with some customers have incited them to be hyper-sensitive. But sweeping things under the rug is a somewhat dubious way of dealing with reality.I've said my piece enough already...