Sign in to follow this  
rhodges

Best Single Engine Turboprop

Just getting started again, and need a plane I will be able to fly on instruments (and online)....Quality of Flight model is prime to me.Single engine turboprop is what I would really like (and I will pay if no quality freeware is available in this area)....BTW: I tried the default Grand Caravan and was very disappointed in its approach characteristics. Thanks in advance, Bill.

the Flight1 Piper Meridian is the only aircraft that fits this bill. A good thing too, it is fantastic and unmatched across the board.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Either that or the Pilatus PC6 Porter by FSD :)

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest EasyEd

Hey All,Take a look at the Pilatus PC-12 freeware plane.Take Care! -Ed-

The freeware PC-12 takes too much time to get working correctly (if it can be made to work well!) - I gave it a couple hours, gave up, and then decided to wait for Flight1's version (no announced release date, which is as it should be). Supposedly the freeware one needs a better installer but I still have doubts about how well it would work even with that.So for now, I have to echo the nomination for the F1 Meridian - it's one of the very best GA add-ons for FS2004. Its built-in RealityXP Garmin GPS unit, combined with that unit's integration with the rest of the Meridian's flight displays, makes it a PMDG 737-like contribution but more in the GA vein. It significantly raised the bar in terms of my expectations for payware add-ons (I'm not sure whether this is a good thing!). However, it takes a high-end system to run it well (in my experience anyway). Dave Blevins

System: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3 mobo *** i7 2700K @ 5gHz w/ Corsair H80 cooler

NVidia GTX 570 OC *** 8 GB 1600 Corsair Vengeance DRAM *** CoolerMaster HAF X case

System overclocked and tuned for FSX by fs-gs.com

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog stick/throttle & CH Products Pro Pedals

Various GoFlight panels *** PFC avionics stack

Fully agree:The Pilatus PC6 is hard to beat, especially if you have any wish for Alaska flying (Misty Fjords scenery, both freeware and Payware available).Good luck in your choice.RTH