Sign in to follow this  
Mean Aerodynamic Chord

Microsoft is "interested" in PC Gaming

Not sure if this may mean something for the FS series...

During a Game Developers Conference panel today, Xbox boss Phil Spencer praised Steam and what the company has done for PC gaming over the past ten years.

Also during the panel, Spencer said PC gamers can expect "more focus" from Microsoft in the PC gaming space in the time ahead.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/microsoft-steam-has-been-the-backbone-of-pc-gaming-for-past-10-years/1100-6418466/

What are your thoughts?

What are your thoughts?

They will reattempt at another PC store like Steam and half finish the project before they abandon it wasting every ones time and money  :lol:

Steam will continue to push the Steam Box, Steam Machine and SteamOS

I don't think this has anything to do with another FS, Just MS recognizing Steam is trying to increase their market share in the PC environment with a new OS and machines to play PC games, bit of a threat to Windows

Matthew Kane

They will reattempt at another PC store like Steam and half finish the project before they abandon it wasting every ones time and money  :lol:

You mean... Something like Games for Windows?  :Cry:

Steam will continue to push the Steam Box, Steam Machine and SteamOS

I don't think this has anything to do with another FS, Just MS recognizing Steam is trying to increase their market share in the PC environment with a new OS and machines to play PC games.

But they said that you'd be surprised by what's coming. Who knows.

You mean... Something like Games for Windows?  :Cry:

But they said that you'd be surprised by what's coming. Who knows.

I’ll be amazed if I ever again buy into their abandonware DLC business model. :Black Eye:

I doubt they will get back to Flight Simulator.  I bet they are looking at the big dollar games and Flight simulator isnt it. Maybe they would buy out a dev house or be a publisher and sell it as a MS product. 

They killed FSX and Flight off and im pretty sure that was the nail in the coffin.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

They need to reopen Microsoft Game Studios and bring back classics like Age of Empires, and obviously ACES. 

reopen Microsoft Game Studios and bring back classics like Age of Empires

They did. They remade in HD AoE 2, and AoE 3 is for sale here: http://store.steampowered.com/sub/33962/

They're also in the process of remaking AoM (Age of Mythology), and it will be on Steam as well. (It was hinted at on their Facebook page, and their live stream).

So with all these "new" games on Steam, I think they interested in something!

Edited by linux731

Microsoft Games Studio currently has 36 new vacancies.

According to Wikipedia, Microsoft Studios contains 26 studios worldwide, 22 for game development (343 Industries, Rare, Lionhead, Turn 10, Twisted Pixel, and Black Tusk, which comprises multiple teams working on multiple titles concurrently) and 7 for entertainment technology advancement and publishing:

I doubt they'll make a new Flight Simulator, so I hope that they'll revive Flight. Multiplayer support and access to DLC do not deserve to die, and with a leader other than Joshua Howard, it can become something really good.

Don't keep your hopes up. It's not that MS don't care about flight sims or simmers, it's just that MS is, and I know this may blow some peoples minds, a profit driven company and as long as the people who provides it's income (the consumers) don't give a toss about flight sims neither will MS.

I doubt they'll make a new Flight Simulator, so I hope that they'll revive Flight. Multiplayer support and access to DLC do not deserve to die, and with a leader other than Joshua Howard, it can become something really good.

I would love that. Flight was pretty much right up my alley. Low altitude tearing about over well-modelled terrain kinda like what I enjoy doing in the Baytower RV-7 over Orbx PNW but with a framerate that belongs in the 21 century and with a bit of purpose. Also multiplayer was a lot of fun. Sadly most people are too focused on job simulators so without any tubeliners in it it was doomed from the word "Go".

Rolf Lindbom

wHDDh6t.jpg

MS won't be getting involved in any flight simulator again.

They've learned their lesson.

Mark

I hope they won't even try doing anything flying related again if they aren't going to take it seriously.

I feel the future of PC gaming can be mainly found from small / medium sized, devoted publishers. Lately almost all the new games that I've found interesting have been created by indie developers, nowadays big publishers/developers seem to concentrate on big, establishes mainstream titles instead of doing something new and creative. 

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/microsoft-steam-has-been-the-backbone-of-pc-gaming-for-past-10-years/1100-6418466/

What are your thoughts?

What most are missing here is Steve Ballmer is gone and Bill Gates is back in control of the technology sector of Microsoft.  Some big changes are in store with the new CEO as well.  The old business model under Ballmer no longer applies and with Bill we may see Flight Simulator make a return as it's something he originally brought into MS's fold.  It's a 50/50 chance especially now that we all are seeing the importance of it in real world aviation circles (Lockheed Martin and the Malaysia incident).  So long as the Malaysia incident doesn't go negative because of the captain Flight Simulator's important could receive a positive boost in real world aviation for legitimate training.  Lockheed's interest says allot especially seeing real world pilots are using it for hobby purposes.

I've read on a few sites that Bill hasn't bought into the idea PC's are dead and the focus needs to be put back on that sector.  Apple/Google has one market but they haven't cracked the business market (servers/day to day desk operations).  No one in the home market is buying the garbage dumbed down games for PC's and Steam has been the alternative with great success.  If Microsoft wants to shore up what it specializes in and that's PC's/the business market they are going to have to release software across the board to shore up PC sales.  Like the term we've heard in the last few weeks, 'nothing is off the table'. Microsoft with new leadership and Bill Gates could very well revitalize the PC market on many fronts.  Flight Simulator is not off the table moving forward.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

If MS comes to the realization that they underpriced FS, they could get back in the game. When you look at the price of add-ons, it is amazing how cheap the basis for them is. They could sell it at $100 very easily. You know you would pay it. Look at what you pay for PMDG and others. Just a thought.

If MS comes to the realization that they underpriced FS, they could get back in the game. When you look at the price of add-ons, it is amazing how cheap the basis for them is. They could sell it at $100 very easily. You know you would pay it. Look at what you pay for PMDG and others. Just a thought.

I don't think the original price is the issue. Didn't FSX sell for the same "new game" price? Like $60/$50?