Sign in to follow this  
Robert J

737NGX Crashes my PC

Hello, I just purchased the base package by PMDG, 737NGX, I downloaded the program, installed it and ran it in FSX, it ran great for about 5 min and then it crashed my PC to reboot, I tried it a second time and the same thing happened, then I read a post in this forum about using the UIAutomationcore.dll and downloaded it and extracted to my main FSX folder, that made it even worse, it crashed within about 15 sec.

I am very frustrated and angry, I have purchased many PMDG products in the past and have not had one problem with them. I love the attention to detail and accuracy that PMDG puts into their aircraft, it is by far the best on the sim market.

here are the specs on my PC.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS Description  Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name XXXX
System Manufacturer MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO.,LTD
System Model MS-7577
System Type x64-based PC
Processor AMD Phenom II X4 965 Processor, 3400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. V1.17, 2/18/2011
SMBIOS Version 2.5
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
User Name XXXX
Time Zone Pacific Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
Total Physical Memory 16.0 GB
Available Physical Memory 14.0 GB
Total Virtual Memory 32.0 GB
Available Virtual Memory 29.8 GB
Page File Space 16.0 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Please help and thank you.

Are you using Flight 1 Soundstream? It may be conflicting. I cannot use it with several planes without a CTD

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

Your specs look fine.

You might be better off raising a support ticket with PMDG. They will have seen and fixed problems like this for many users.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ki9cAAb.jpg

I did put a Support ticket in and I am awaiting a response from PMDG. One thing to note, you know how it goes....try removing the last software you think caused the problem in the first place and I did, it was the PMDG 737NGX software, I uninstalled it from the control panel and my FSX is running just fine now, No crashes and I run all kinds of third party software; ie: Flight 1 Eagle Soft Cessna Citation X, Flight Environment X, Captain Sim 757 and 727, Carenado C208, Aerosoft Airbus (A320/A321), Vertical Reality Simulations FA18E Super Bug, FSGenisis North America Terrain Mesh, PMDG 737NG/ 747-400X/ BAe Jetstream 4100 and I have Never once had a problem with my FSX until I purchased and installed PMDG 737NGX.

If you receive an answer from PMDG, could you post the answer on here?  I'm having similar problems using the 737NGX as I can be flying along great and then certain key commands freeze up and I'm stuck with the view I have.  I have a lot of add-ons I use too, and as long as its not the 737NGX, I can run  the recommended 30 fps all day.  And of course I set my system up as recommended by PMDG three times, one time a whole new, fresh installation of FSX as recommended by PMDG. 

Thanks a lot

Well so far all I have benn getting is the run around from ticket support, they don't seem to belive that my issue with the 737NGX is valid, I'm just a little disappointed in their customer service.

Problem FIXED!!! I was reading the Knowledge base in the support area and it said to try out 'O&O Defrag' I did and it made all the difference, No crashes 28fps at Full ultra settings, flew for about an hour, then I went and bought the Expansion 737NGX 600/700 and it runs great too, no crashes, no key command freezes and no black screen, I also edited my FSX.cfg file as it said to do in the flight manual don't know if that made a difference, but all is good so far, I just had to do some reading for my self and it paid off.

Ukflight has the righr link for O&O defag, there is a free vesion for both win 7 33bit and win 7 64bit, I run win 7 64bit and the free version of O&O defrag is great easy to use amd fast, my hard drive I found out was only 11% fraged but it made all the difference for me, try it out.

Problem FIXED!!! I was reading the Knowledge base in the support area and it said to try out 'O&O Defrag' I did and it made all the difference, No crashes 28fps at Full ultra settings, flew for about an hour, then I went and bought the Expansion 737NGX 600/700 and it runs great too, no crashes, no key command freezes and no black screen, I also edited my FSX.cfg file as it said to do in the flight manual don't know if that made a difference, but all is good so far, I just had to do some reading for my self and it paid off.

the last line (I also edited my FSX.cfg file as it said to do in the flight manual)

How did you edited your FSX.cfg file?

i'm  defraging my computer now.

it is in the fight manual PDF documentation that came with the 737NGX for FSX.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH Robert J!! OH MY GOD, the 737 is working perfectly.!!!!!!! i have had so much problem with this ###### and now finally its GOOD! Played for about 90 minutes without any problem! 

I see, but what did you changed in that pdf File? 

i forgot to tell you guys something everything is perfect its only that when i want to se my replay of landing for example, screen goes black.

its only the replay :(