Sign in to follow this  
Gridley

Anyone interested in testing?

I'm out pounding the pavement for some testers - I released a couple of public betas to AVSIM a few weeks ago: First is a tutorial on how to make water scenery using a combination of TerraScene generated images and Jim Keir's Slartibartfast program, and aside from myself and two testers who were intimately involved in writing the tutorial, I have had no reports of anyone actually succeeding in getting the method to work (despite 600 downloads). I have had no reports of failures either, thus no reports at all, so I have no idea how well this tutorial has been received.Second, I have also released two water scenery packages that I created using the method - New England and Florida (currently just the keys, but that's about to change!). While the number reports has been better with the betas of the scenery, I can still count them with all of my clothes on :-lol. I'm looking for reports of inland landclass issues (lakes, rivers and such - most of the ocean/bay lc issues have been resolved), misplaced objects (except for florida keys bridges), and - most importantly - conflicts with airfields. Correcting these problems is my top priority before I release v1.0 of the New England scenery, and the next beta of a much larger florida scenery, hopefully in collaboration with Bob Brown and Joe Watson of Florida Landclass fame.So thanks in advance for anyone willing to help out!Link is in my sig for all who are interested - Click FREEflow!Best,sgPS> the water sceneries work VERY well with the American Data product from FSG, as well as USARoads...

• Like 1

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Guest panda234

hey, it's not that I don't want to, it's just that I'm too into the grandson of Sir Ballentyne. With rocks, of course. So, to figure out where I was before I started is a big job, and best left for much later. Meanwhile, I have some of your stuff, and it's great! I'm behind you, but just don't ask my opinion, hehe, it could get nasty and it's not you, it's me. Later....billg

Please don't take this the wrong way - anyone! I'm not complaining at all - merely trying to drum up a few willing souls to help out! All opinions welcome, those tempered by something smooth or otherwise!Best,sg

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)