Sign in to follow this  
gmcg

Mouse Movement Rate

Hello all,

I'm finally, slowly, working on getting FSX up and running for the PMDG777. I did a full install of FSX + Acceleration on it's own HDD (WD Black 500MB) this evening and followed the C++ patches as per NickN. I have a few friends that are going to help me do the serious stability/performance tweaks over the next few days so after the install I just loaded up an aircraft and started to just fly around my home airport to see what was new and make a few keyboard command changes. Everything was going great and FSX was performing very well (compared to when I first bought it on release weekend and uninstalled after one trip around the pattern).

An issue started after a few minutes when I went to move my mouse around. Every few seconds, while flying, my mouse's movement would seem to slow up and kind of just not work correctly. It would get laggy or the movement would go from normal speed to like 1/4 normal rate. Just kind of hang in a small position and only move around a small area even though I was commanding a large movement. This is not the FSX FPS issue since the FPS didn't budge (still locked at 20 from default). I could be wrong but I've had 7 years to follow FSX's progress and did quite a bit of research tonight before making this post. The mouse basically stopped following my movement commands. I tried a few different USB ports and removed my mouse pad but to no avail.

Remember: No FSX.cfg tweaks have been applied and no NVIDIA Inspector settings have been applied. 

Specs

CPU: AMD 965 Phenom II Black @ 3.4GHz (no overclock)
GPU: NVIDIA 9800GTX+ 1GB
RAM: 16GB (4X4) Ripjaws @ 1600Mhz
MOBO: Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 (rev.1)

HDD: 2X WD Black 7200RPM 500MB HDD (B: drive is for FSX and C: drive is for Windows and FS2004)
Heat Sink: After market Corsair air cooler

Mouse: RAT gaming mouse
Yoke/Ruder Peddles: CH Products

FSX in windowed mode with two monitors (game on one monitor and other open for 2D panels, Active Sky, Squawk Box, etc)

I hope I described this correctly and hopefully someone could help. This is not the start to the "smooth" transition I was looking for.

Thank you,
Gary

Have you checked your Mouse settings in Control Panel?  There should be Speed settings you can adjust.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Yes I've tried that.

That is not the issue. The issue is the mouse just stops responding to my movement commands basically. No issues in FS2004. It works correctly most of the time. Must after a while this starts to occur every few seconds.