Sign in to follow this  
spilok

FS Camera 1.5 and ACTIVE CAMERA?

If you already have Active Camera, is there any advantage to installing FS Camera 1.5, and are they even compatible with one another?

Guest kilo_sierra17

If you already have active camera, I dont think FS Camera gives you any benefits.

I would go along with Kurt, I don't think you gain anything over Active Camera with FS Camera. FScamera does not allow you to walk in the virtual cabin it is mainly for extrenal views, fly-by, approach and airport views.I only ever had the free version of AC but IIRC it allowed external views as well as 'walk-arounds.HTH

Thanks.I do love Active Camera....but if there's no advantage, I won't add any more than I have to to FS.

Kurt,You are quite wrong!FS Camera does enable you to do all that 'Active Camera' does and for free.To walk around use 'CTRL+Enter and CTRL+Back Space'.Enjoy, I can see that you haven't played with it very much yet? LOL.All the best,Dave.'Three greens and soft landings'

Dave Taylor gb.png

Who the heck needs THAT?!The only thing that prevents me from buying Active Camera is the activation scheme where you have to send an e-mail...Good to hear FS Camera supports walking through the aircraft.Andreas

>You are quite wrong!>>FS Camera does enable you to do all that 'Active Camera' does>and for free.>>To walk around use 'CTRL+Enter and CTRL+Back Space'.Er, I hate "bust your bubble," but those are simply the FS9 default keystrokes to "move around the cabin..." :-cool Use the default FS keyboard commands* to shift your viewpoint Ctrl-Shift + Backspace = right Ctrl-Shift + Enter = left Ctrl + Enter = back Ctrl + Backspace = forward Shift + Enter = up Shift + Backspace = down*Note: all of these are documented in the Options/Controls/Assignments menu...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Actually the activation isn't that bad. I just had to do a reinstall of windows and therefore FS2004. I sent out an email at about 9:30 pm last night and had a new key by 12:30 a.m. according to the time stamp on my email. It's the second time in about a year I had to do that and my previous experience was the same.But if the F1 thing is free, more power to it. Does it have head latency? That's my 2nd favorite feature of AC, next to the mouse panning.

Guest Petervan

"FS Camera does enable you to do all that 'Active Camera' does and for free"who is wrong ?FS Camera 1.5 has fly by and approach view. That's it.As for the walk around these keys are FS default ones. You can't go further than the FS limits in VC. The F1 utility does it well.I wonder if your ever tried the AC2004 demo version.Peter V.S.

Guest kilo_sierra17

>>You are quite wrong!>>>>FS Camera does enable you to do all that 'Active Camera'>does>>and for free.>>>>To walk around use 'CTRL+Enter and CTRL+Back Space'.>>Er, I hate "bust your bubble," but those are simply the FS9>default keystrokes to "move around the cabin..." :-cool>>>Use the default FS keyboard commands* to shift your viewpoint> >Ctrl-Shift + Backspace = right >Ctrl-Shift + Enter = left >Ctrl + Enter = back >Ctrl + Backspace = forward >Shift + Enter = up >Shift + Backspace = down>>*Note: all of these are documented in the>Options/Controls/Assignments menu...You are correct, while FS does have some default ability to move around in the VC only, still doesn't allow you to move around the whole plane inside or outside. FS Camera allows you to do very nice external views while flying, but no abiliity to do a walkaround.

>FS Camera allows you to do very nice external views while flying, but no >abiliity to do a walkaround.Neither does the also free "Flight1 View" module. As a developer, I couldn't do without Active Camera's ability to let me get really "up close and personal" with my model... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I'm having trouble figuring out how to use it. It is installed. I start FSCamera from the new FSC menu option (the FSCamera settings panel displays). But when I return to FS, I do not see any changes in the Tower View.FSCamera is supposed to change the Tower View, right? My tower is still back at the departure airport.I do have the F1View program installed (been using it since the F1 ATR came out).Anyone have any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Are there keyboard or mouse commands related to FSCamera while I am in Tower View? Does it do anything at all in any other views (I'm already using F1View in Virtual and Spot views).Thanks for any help!!!Jason