Sign in to follow this  
Paul K

Which 737-200... Milviz or Captain Sim ?

I'm considering the purchase of one or other of these Boeing 737-200s and would be grateful for any opinions and recommendations. Simple as that.

Thanks in advance. :)

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

Milviz.

I've tried it, loved it, and it's hard for me to believe the CS could be any better.

PS: I don't know if things have changed, but I've never bought any Captain Sim products since the 757 for FS2004 in 2005 or so. The plane had loads of eye candy, I give them credit for that, but that was about it. No system depth, no good flight model... Maybe things are different know.

Jaime Beneyto

My real life aviation and flight simulation videos [English and Spanish]

System: i9 9900k OC 5.0 GHz | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Asus Z390-F

Milviz, less bugs and better flight model in my opinion at least. 

Did you encounter any particular annoying bug?

Might try to take a spin at a friends home whom have a better PC

I looked a little into it as I was interested too.

Milviz has acknowledged that its bird cannot catch outbound radials which is for me a show stopper.  As their forum cannot be reached if you don't have their package, it's also difficult to assess its strong and weak points.

For CS, my experience with two of their packages (727 in FS9 and C130 in FSX) is that their aircraft come with a  ton of documentation which is mostly useless as they lack the basics of how to start and pilot an aircraft (and a tutorial). I understand that their 732 also lacks the gizmo for computing reference speeds.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I have the CS version, basically because it was the only 737-200 available for some time and I bought it cheaply during a sale so I felt that there wasn't much to lose. As CS aircraft go, I think that this might be regarded as one of the better ones - certainly it's modelling, both internal and external, is very good - but, if systems authenticity and functionality are a primary requirement for you, then I would think that the Milviz -200 would likely be a better choice, from all the reviews and comments I have seen, although I personally have no experience of this.

In my opinion, CS's best aircraft is the C-130 which I think is a pretty good product overall, followed by the 707 and 737, which I would consider on par with each other, but both of these might tend to leave you a bit frustrated from time to itme in terms of systems fuctionality!

Bill

Milviz has acknowledged that its bird cannot catch outbound radials which is for me a show stopper. 

Is that so? And how are you supposed to fly this plane then? I mean, how you do "pure IFR" like you're supposed to with a 737 Classic without the A/P being VOR capable?

In my short test flight I only did a couple touch and goes and didn't bother engaging the A/P. But for proper flights you absolutely need it, so more so if flying single pilot like we all here do.

Jaime Beneyto

My real life aviation and flight simulation videos [English and Spanish]

System: i9 9900k OC 5.0 GHz | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Asus Z390-F

As far as I know, it doesnt catch outbound radials only on the FMC. I'll do a test here to see if it works.

Maybe things are different know.

Yes, it's much worse! 

Sorry, i couldn't resist  :lol: 

Actualy, i don't know how are their products now, becouse i don't buy anything from them. My first and last product from CS was this 737-200. I was curious. It doesn't look bad, but like usualy with CS - no systems, no flight dynamics. In my opinion, FSX default 737 has more credible flight dynamics. Since then, CS is not on my developers list.

I can't speak about milviz. I don't have any milviz plane probably becouse i'm not interested in anything military related. But their products looks fine, they have systems, and i have heard about decent flight dynamics. So, if you want 737-200, go for Milviz

Gentlemen, thanks very much indeed for the advice. As I rather suspected it would, the Razbam one has come out on top, though I am a little concerned about the outbound radial issue. Is it something Razbam are going to fix ?

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

"Milviz has acknowledged that its bird cannot catch outbound radials which is for me a show stopper.  As their forum cannot be reached if you don't have their package, it's also difficult to assess its strong and weak points."

We are working on the out (and in) radials for the SP77 version.  Those "should" be fixed this week and we will release another SP for that.  For the FMS, whilst we're aware of the issues with that, our coder has some issues (family) that is preventing him from fixing them... 

Our forums for support are closed.  This is to prevent pirates from getting help.  Many devs do exactly that. Other do not.  The general forums are open.  There are reviews on the product already so that may be of some help.

One major difference is that we are actively providing support for this (and all of our) products...

You can always buy it using the F1 option... this will allow you to return it within 30 days... no questions asked.

Gentlemen, thanks very much indeed for the advice. As I rather suspected it would, the Razbam one has come out on top, though I am a little concerned about the outbound radial issue. Is it something Razbam are going to fix ?

We're not Razbam.  We do fix our stuff, if we can.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

It seems to be working. At least on the SP77 autopilot.

Intercepting Radial.

2dhy641.jpg

Radial Intercepted:

2445slw.jpg

Autopilot:

25unx3s.jpg

Oh oh! I forgot to retract the flaps... :-P

Great bird. I'm loving this 737. It's really a stable plataform. You can fly it manually without any problem.

Att,

Marcio

I perfectly understand that you close your forum to non-buyers because of the piracy issue but, at the same time, it doesn't help your potential customers to decide.  Your choice :smile:. I didn't find much solid reviews either, except Johann Toerner's which is more of a "first impression" than a review IMO . Anyway, I look forward to hear about the new fixes to the VOR logic. Catching radials (without wobbling) is a basic feature of a "classic" airliner.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam