Sign in to follow this  
Howiefly13

ERJ's again

There were 2 threads this past week dealing with the various ERJ's and I suppoose prompted by the release of the FeelThere ERJ. In one of the threads someone mentioned the ERJ by Charles Fox and Bill Grabowski that was updated for FS9. I have the Wilco CRJ and was not satisfied at all with it. Also have the free Fokker 100 which is good but not really complete. Well, I got the CF ERJ on Friday (cferj.zip in the library) and I have to comment that this is an amazing piece of freeware. The best freeware I have, up until now, was the Lockheed Constellation that Bear just reviewed. This ERJ goes well beyond even that. It is quality throughout from systems, panels, to the flight dynamics. AND IT'S FREE!!! Whenever I get a new plane my first flight is a test of the dynamics: steep turns, flaps on/off stalls, engine out performance, etc. This ERJ was fantastic. The systems modeling is great except for the lack of the FMC, which doesn't really bother me for a short route plane. Also, no VC, but again for me, in passenger jets it's not something I miss. I'm glad I found this rather than spending money on the other. Though I'm sure the FeelThere probably goes beyond this ERJ, you really can't beat the price for the quality. Great work Charles and Bill. Mike

Mike,Thank you very much for those kind words. It's great to still hear that people enjoy the ERJ panel and Charles has certainly added a lot with his flight modeling and attention to detail.Bill

Guest Rockcliffe

I just stumbled on this old gem yesterday as well, while searching for some of Charles' 727 files.It's great to have an ERJ for FS9 and I'm still in awe of Bill's panel. It's worth downloading just to read the manual!Thanks again for this superb piece of work, Bill.RegardsBlairCYOW

Blair,Thank you for taking the time to make such nice comments. Yeah, I really like that manual too. Entertaining reading, and it increases the value of the "product" about 59%. :-smooch Bill

Hi Bill-I always loved your panel. Just wondering, is that your panel in the FeelThere ERJ?Hope all is well.Best,Howard

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

Howard! Thought you'd fallen off the face of the flight sim earth! How are you?No, that's not my panel in Feelthere's ERJ. I don't do photorealistic. I like to "roll my own" because I like to create my own perspective, but the FT layout is pretty close to my original panel.Bill

Hi BIll-Well I am still active in flight simming, although I have been a little quiet lately.I really thought, from the pictures, that the Feelthere panel was actually yours. I still remember the first one you did, I really enjoyed using it.Take care,Howard

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

Guest sri777

Yesterday, I too discovered this jem (cferj.zip) in the AVSIM library quite accidentally.It is amazing in all respects. It is a joy to see such quality documentation from a freeware project. Thanks Bill for your great work.-srini

Bill,<>He did! Unfortunately, he found his way back again...Hi Howard. ;) ;) ;)All seriousness aside though , Bill, I have your ERJ and the FeelThere version. Yours wins hands down!They (FeelThere) either did a great job of emulating a terrible flight system or a terrible job of emmulating a good system. Me thinks it's the latter. ;)

Bill Alderson

It's amazing to think that Bill's ERJ panel was originaly designed for FS2K. I'm still using it and enjoying it. One of the all time freeware greats with support at a (good) payware level. If anyone ever creates a Flightsim 'Hall of Fame' can I please nominate the ERJ panel?Thanks again Bill!http://online.vatsimindicators.net/916312/3.png

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)