Sign in to follow this  
Mohammed Al Ahmed

Plane is not working and not uninstall

Hello Dear,
my PMDG 737NGX not working. i try to uninstall it but the computer give me error. and error code is: -5005 : 0x80070002.

zg65O.jpg

Please help me i need 737NGX.

Best Regards,
Mohammed

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "Flight Simulator Tips and Tricks" to "PMDG 737NGX". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Hello Mohammed,

The error code states to try again making sure no other programs are running.

In your taskbar,there are many items being run.

What I would try in this situation is to reboot into safe mode (hold down F8 when windows is starting).

then pick "Safe Mode with Networking" then try the uninstall.

If this does not work, try system restore to a few days before the issue started and see if either NGX is working or if you can uninstall it again.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Hello Mohammed,

The error code states to try again making sure no other programs are running.

In your taskbar,there are many items being run.

What I would try in this situation is to reboot into safe mode (hold down F8 when windows is starting).

then pick "Safe Mode with Networking" then try the uninstall.

If this does not work, try system restore to a few days before the issue started and see if either NGX is working or if you can uninstall it again.

i tried to open the system in safe mode and nothing has changed. 
and tried a restore point, but did not work. Perhaps because the problem has more than three months. 
What is the solution now?
Please help me.  :(

What is the solution now?

Do what the messsage says. Contact PMDG Support at the address in the message.

Do what the messsage says. Contact PMDG Support at the address in the message.

I have contacted them and they said this:
Mohammed,

This error is coming from Windows and the Windows Installer System - not from us directly. Run a Google search for "an error (-5005 0x80070002) has occurred" and you'll see that it's not specific to our products and there's a lot of posts about it from a wide range of install situations with many different products.

You can try this Microsoft tool and see if it makes any difference:

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall

Ryan Maziarz

Technical Support

PMDG Simulations, LLC

and i tried Microsoft tool and nothing has changed

This error is coming from Windows and the Windows Installer System - not from us directly. Run a Google search for "an error (-5005 0x80070002) has occurred" and you'll see that it's not specific to our products and there's a lot of posts about it from a wide range of install situations with many different products.

Try a Google search for the phrase in quotes (don't include the quotes in the search) There are quite a few returns for that error.

Michael Cubine

Have you any program utilities such as ccleaner installed? 

Try running the registry fixer to see if there are errors reported.

Other than that.you might have to reinstall FSX 

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020