Sign in to follow this  
mmosier1

FSX won't run my fsx.cfg on cloned SSD

I cloned my HDD with FSX to a new SSD. When I booted from the SSD everything seemed to work fine except FSX. Even P3D worked fine. FSX would put up the splash screen and then say that an error had occurred and stop. The event log didn't help much as no specific module was identified.

I followed the recommendations in the CTD Guide and renamed my fsx.cfg. FSX launched and I could run the stock aircraft and a few I had installed. However, planes from Caranado, A2A, etc caused crashes. I have quite a bit of add on software and tweaks in my cfg. So now I've gotta figure out why my cfg won't run.

Anyone have any idea why a cloned drive would have a problem like this?

Thanks

I would guess that the copy protection of one of your payware has detected  hardware change. even though the drive is cloned it will still have a different serial number  so this could be the cause..many copy protections require a reinstall of the addon or a reactivation if it detect a hardware change. 

I don't know much about clonig but the first thing that comes to mind is a registry fix. Flight1 has a nice little tool for that. Try it see if it helps: http://www.flight1software.com/files/FS_Registry_Repair.exe

Troy

Troy Kemp

Win 11 64 Pro on 1TB nvme + 500GB ssd  / P3Dv5.3+ on 1TB nvme+ 250GB with P3D addons / MS2020 2TB nvme /I9 13900K@ 5.8ghz / 32GB DDR4 3600mhz / MSI MPG Z690 DDR4 with wifi / RTX 4090FE