Sign in to follow this  
MjTom

still problems with runway and papilights

I tested a lot off Airports at Day and night with and without AI-Traffic.

no AI-Traffic: flashing or no papi and runwaylights.

AI-Traffic switched on in FSX: the lights works well.

AI-Traffic 100%: Lights always works in VC.

AI-Traffic 50%: Lights works always until the half runway, then they come off (I think no more AI in sight).

Ai-Traffic 0%: no or flashing lights, mostly off.

I need something around the airports, whitch simulate AI-Traffic.

Huston....I have a problem!

Yes this is all true and understood.

If the lightfield fails to load then the lights depend on whether there is another aircraft light in sight that has not been converted with the dx10 lights fix. The lights package lights are ok for this. This can be an ai aircraft or your own aircraft in outside view.

The only solution to all these issues was the light field, yet for some reason the lightfield is failing to load in the day.

The challenge is to fix the lightfield and or determine the circumstance that stops it loading. If this cannot be done the only solutions are

A) Start a flight at the destination, then immediately change to the start point and fly normally to the destination

B) reload the scenery library on approach. World->scenery library ok

C). Attach invisible lights to the plane visible from the cockpit - such a light is included fx_dx10shield.fx - but it's very tricky to align and has to be done per aircraft, the lightfield at the airport is a much better solution.

some idea, why the lightfields fail to load ?

ok....you are quicker with awnser  :rolleyes:

Quote: C). Attach invisible lights to the plane visible from the cockpit - such a light is included fx_dx10shield.fx - but it's very tricky to align and has to be done per aircraft.

1. As this is the case only at a few airports (and you do not know which ones when starting a flight) I think it would be much easier to "adopt" the plane than always to go to the destination airport first. In my case (e. g. LOWI) also this proposal did not work .......

2. If setting the AI-Traffic to 100% is not suitable for a user (doing so I had no problems to see the lights at LOWI during a day approach) then I believe the only solution is to attach the lights to the plane.

Could you please give us a short instruction where to save the fx_dx10shield.fx file in the aircraft folder and how to "align" it to the aircraft?  Thanks.

next situation:

I disabled the DX10 Compatible Lights.

Now, runway and papilight load at 10NM to airport

7,5NM inbound airport, the lights beginn flashing until to touchdown

(lightfield.bgl copied in scenery and no ballastlights)

You don't need to disable d10compatible lights if you installed the lights package, but whatever it won't work reliably unless we can get the light field to work

Quote: C). Attach invisible lights to the plane visible from the cockpit - such a light is included fx_dx10shield.fx - but it's very tricky to align and has to be done per aircraft.

1. As this is the case only at a few airports (and you do not know which ones when starting a flight) I think it would be much easier to "adopt" the plane than always to go to the destination airport first. In my case (e. g. LOWI) also this proposal did not work .......

2. If setting the AI-Traffic to 100% is not suitable for a user (doing so I had no problems to see the lights at LOWI during a day approach) then I believe the only solution is to attach the lights to the plane.

Could you please give us a short instruction where to save the fx_dx10shield.fx file in the aircraft folder and how to "align" it to the aircraft?  Thanks.

Its too complicated for simple instructions. There is a test version where the lights are visible, Add to aircraft.cfg and adjust position such that lights are visible from VC. Its very tricky to find a position which works - most of the time you just cannot even see the lights.

If you do eventually manage to find working a position swap the effect for the non test version. Remember you need to turn on some lights before approach.

By the way I still don't understand why you have a problem at LOWI, although I agree that the lightfield doesn't work in the day it doesn't seem to be necessary at all for the PAPI lights which always work for me.

Correction: having tried some night lights I agree, the papi lights seem ok during the day but not at night.

Steve,

maybe we have a misunderstanding about the type of lights we are talking about. I was always talking about the 4 white or red lights left and right of the runway which should be on during a day approach and to be seen app. 10 NM before the runway. For LOWI on my system this is not the case. I only see those 8 lights during a day approach after reloading the scenery library. I never had any problems with these or the other LOWI runway lights during a night approach.......

Regards,

Hanse 

I have 4 saved testflights........can you see the very nice papi and runwaylights?

ne2hvlzd.jpg

that´s EDDP RWY 26L and it works, lights load 8 NM before airport :Big Grin: :Big Grin:

EDDK RWY 14L the same......

I´m testing more......it looks very good!!

@Steve: :Applause: :Applause:

...low pass EDDK RWY 14L......lights load 10NM before airport....no flashing lights, all looks veeeery good!

b4lexfsc.jpg

EDDW RWY 09 ILS-Approach....daylight.......10NM: lights on

6fz3ygyv.jpg

98p3kzyx.jpg

switch to twilight:

3oxnh5bb.jpg

Aerosoft EDDS: :yahoo:

Aerosoft EDDF:   :yahoo:

FlyTampa LOWW: :yahoo:

Aerosoft LSZH: the airport lights looks good, no black lampshade (but I must test again, other incorrect effect)

@Steve: :im Not Worthy:  ....thanks a lot, FSX is newly born

I am observing exactly the same anomalies as mjtom reports. On twilight approach to AS Lugano (LSZA) PAPI lights are flashing on and off. Maybe the only difference is that it stabilizes after while (about 3 miles before runway) and PAPI lights stay continuously on. I have also generated a new scenery folder which contains the LSZA light fileld bgl and is placed on top of other scenery titles.

regards,

Harry

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).