Sign in to follow this  
Jessyboy

Water movement

I switched to DX-10 and got the latest DX-10. Performance has been noticebly higher; however, I noticed all of my waters are dermant- no movement or aimation.

I rember in DX-9,  Biojote give us the parameters on how to make these changesnat low,ed, and high settings, and give it more movement. Can some please tell me where do I go, or how can I modify the water-animation in DX-10? What numbers or parameters do I need to increase or decrease?

I would b very greatfull, if I can be provided his info.

Thank you again,

Jessy

Guest Mik75

I have/had some problems with the water too after switching to DX10. Do you have any REX textures installed? If so, try reverting to the default textures.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\FSWeb\LearningCenter\Options\ChangingScenerySettings.htm"

Go here, or you can access the scenery help in the "Learning Center" within FSX.

IN THERE is a nice chart that tells you at what setting water will do at  "x" setting.  There is also a WEALTH of information for those who want to REVISIT what all the sliders in the SCENERY areas do when you adjust them while within FSX.   

Hope that helps.

I switched to DX-10 and got the latest DX-10. Performance has been noticebly higher; however, I noticed all of my waters are dermant- no movement or aimation.

I rember in DX-9,  Biojote give us the parameters on how to make these changesnat low,ed, and high settings, and give it more movement. Can some please tell me where do I go, or how can I modify the water-animation in DX-10? What numbers or parameters do I need to increase or decrease?

I would b very greatfull, if I can be provided his info.

Thank you again,

Jessy

Hello again Jessy,

You would do well to take the time and post the information about your system in your profile.  As many of us have.  

That way people can better help you out if we know what your system is capable of.

Running water in the lower areas does a lot of funky things.  Steve cover's this well in his payware user manual.  Plus there is more info in that link I just gave you.

You will find your answers there.

Hope that helps.

Respectfully,

Jet

Jessyboy

This may seem a naive and simplistic idea - but have you by chance set your wind speed to NIL?

NIL wind means no wave animation in DX10 - wave animation is wind speed dependent...

My apologies if this seems a stupid response, but it's all I can think of.

Best wishes,

Phil

Hi Phil,

No I have not . Where would I make that change or correction for the wind speed?

In your weather either add on or in FSX.

Respectfully,

Jet

(Bojote) in November of 2010, Bojote came along and did a fantastic job in teaching us how to modified water in DX9. I was able to modified mine by going to the "WaterConstants.XML" file and maiking water look like never dreamed of- Simply amazing . However, for DX-10 I have tried a thousands things with no luck.

My main question now is where to modify..would it be the WaterContants file on the FSX root of the WaterConstant on the Shader itself?