Hi all!

This has been talked about before but none of them have really had am answer! Recently picked up the MD80 as for I am adding MD80 routes for my virtual airline and I bought the Flight 1/Cool Sky Super 80 Pro when I configure the waypoints into my FMC and activate them like I do in the PMDG NGX however when I hit the NAV button it goes to heading hold. And when I push it again it goes to NAV CAP and instantly goes back to HDG HOLD please help! When I hit the FMS overide it does nothing! I dont like configuring the whole FMC i just tune in the VS  and speed hold which I do in the NGX and it works fine! Please help I need to fly this this week! What dsoes the FMS overide thing do?

-Collin Shea

Thank You

http://www.expressregional.com

(Still working on fleet page...)

FMS override is a speed mode. Its been along time since Ive flown the MD80 but I do recall, forget everything you know about a Boeing MCU. Its completely diff. It has " Modes"

It might be that you need to be on an intercept heading. If you aren't it will just go to HDG HOLD when you hit LNAV. The FMC won't chuck a u-ey for you.

I'm not in the pit right now, I'm supposed to be working so I'm sorry if this is a bit vague. 

Jim