Sign in to follow this  
Guest secks

MDMAX Pro Super 80 has been released

For anyone interested you can purchase and download here: http://www.mdsuper80.com/It's a bit pricey but I think well worth it. So far I have installed and registered without problem. It is a very complicated panel with quite a learning curve. I will have to dedicate some time to read the manual. You won't be able to just start this one up and go flying. You will have to follow procedures to the letter.Still, it is well done graphically. I have to agree that not having the FMS available at purchase is hard to swallow and may prompt others to wait until it is available.I must complete the entire checklist and get this one in the air before commenting further.Take care,

Guest Jonas Lundh

Hi.Some questions if you don't mind?How is the sound? Is there any soundpack provided?I saw that the ND should be with map mode, how is that working without the FMS?What external model is it provided with? I suppose there is no VC?Finaly, you think you could post some screenshots?Jonas

Guest secks

Funny, we were just talking about this a/c yesterday. What's with this developer? He provides no screenshots, does not respond on his own forum, and didn't even bother to mention development status to aviation simulation websites. Bizarre marketing/support strategy. Anyway, please let us know what you think about it. I'd like to know:1) Is the VC fully clickable?2) How smooth are the gauges?3) How bad is the performance hit?4) What's your overall impression?It'd be great if you could also post some screenshots of the VC ...

Guest JoakimE

I bought it this morning, and have only one thing to say, seriously avoid this addon!btw:1: There is no VC2: Fairly smooth indeed, one of few good things about it3: Seems to be around the same as for the PSS A320 panel or so when cruising4: Yuck

Guest panda234

5: stfuhehe, that's what I thought. Thx for the confirmation. It was too good to be true....billg

Joakim,Since the MDMax developer doesn't post any screenshots, is it possible that you do?A few panel and external shots please.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

>seriously avoid this addon!I understand the addon has a low-res plane without details only, and FMS and such will be delivered in a month or two approximately.It's obvious there are no such things like a VC.I understand this addon as a 2D panel only, but a complex and complete one, comparable to Project Magenta products, which basically are display gauges only.So if letting aside the fact that no visual models neither for the cockpit nor for the rest of the aircraft exist, how good is the panel itself? Are the gauges crisp and clear, do they move fluently like a charm, are they anti-aliased and sizeable, did you encounter any bugs so far?I would buy the panel even without the plane if it's only perfect enough.Andreas

Hi,Joakim was so friendly to post a few pictures on our forum.(The 'I don't believe this...' topic in the main forum)

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Thanks for that info Egbert.I don't think it's appropriate for me to say much, but I will say it's a shame that so many add-ons are stuck with using FS95/98 main panel views created by sitting on the throttles!The question has to be, given an 18/24 month development cycle, and given I'm sitting on around 100 cockpit shots that were taken a few months ago, is there any point in doing the MD80 again?I wonder ;-)http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...BANNER_PAUL.jpg

Cheers

Paul Golding

>The question has to be, given an 18/24 month development>cycle, and given I'm sitting on around 100 cockpit shots that>were taken a few months ago, is there any point in doing the>MD80 again?Man, that is the UGLIEST panel I've seen since FS95! I am SO glad I didn't spend any money on it... ;)I haven't looked at the Lago rendition yet, but if it's anything like this one from "the original project guy..." I'll give it a wide berth as well.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest Peter Sidoli

On that site they are talking about an imminant release of an MD80 by Lago!Peter

OK, maybe not so shortly, about 40 mins to go on the download.Give me about an hour, I'll start a thread in the screenshot forum and link it here.

Regards,

Brian Doney

>I haven't looked at the Lago rendition yet, but if it's>anything like this one from "the original project guy..." I'll>give it a wide berth as well.well, here's a gallery of screenshots of the new LAGO maddog 80: http://www.sardfly.it/maddog/I must say, it does look very complete. Let's see what the first impressions of the early buyers are :) Cheers!Michiel http://members.home.nl/mjagersma/pics/HollandJumpin.gifhttp://members.home.nl/mjagersma/pics/sig_vbird.jpg