Sign in to follow this  
Guest secks

MDMAX Pro Super 80 has been released

Guest Peter Sidoli

Now that one looks Magnificantissimo :-)Peter

Guest secks

So is the MDMAX Pro Super 80 developer trying to interfere with the Lago MD80 release? Because that's certainly what this looks like .. why else would he pop this thing out right before the Lago release with no fair warning? I could be wrong, but this seems fishy!

Yeah, there are a ton of shots to look at presently, if someone wants to see something specific though, ask away.First impressions:It's definitely an MD-80...lol.They used a 1600x1200 main.bmp, so it looks pretty sharp, the perspective isn't a true pilot's perspective, but it works. Some of the panel my be illegible at low resolutions or on smaller monitors. I run my main view at 1280x960 on an NEC 18.1" flat panel, and could just make out labels, etc.I personally think the SGA model is far better; you'll have to ask someone else to judge the VC, I don't use them.Think PSS airbus when working with the FGCP, push/pull for hold/select. One little niggle is that they have reversed the right-click/left-click logic for 1's-10's(HDG,SPD) or 100's-1000's(ALT,V/S), as compared to every other add-on I have used. It is set up with a full Boeing LNAV/VNAV configuration. The CDU seems pretty functional, but, it will take more time to see for certain. I understand it is based on the PIC-PMDG AIRAC/procedure format.Same goes for system simulation. All of the basics seem there, but I know too little of the MD's specifics to judge accuracy.Flight dynamics feel ok after a trial run, though it will again take more time in different situations to give you a comparison. Maybe better left to an -80 pilot.Sounds seem pretty good, virtual F/O for V-speeds, positive rate, flaps, etc.TCAS works, full TA/RA, but, I don't think the logic is as precise as Lee Hetherington's work, seems to overreact a bit.Gauges are nice and clean, but not as smooth as others have achieved. No noticeable performance issues. (Locked 25fps)Any specific questions ?

Regards,

Brian Doney