Sign in to follow this  
petersj

Brakes lock up on landing

Hi, I am using the FS2crew Voice control software with Aersoft's Airbus Extended version 1.16 with hotfix 019. The product functionality is exactly what I was after (having  a co-pilot fly with me).

FS2crew works perfectly in all phases on a flight apart from the landing roll when the brakes lock up on touchdown. This happens whether or not I have autobraking selected and I do not touch the standard FSX brake control buttons.

If I don't enable FS2Crew and fly the airbus, the brakes function correctly with and without autobrakes on the landing roll.

After the brakes lock up when using FS2crew, I get the expected rapid deceleration and overheated brakes. I also get some unexpected results:

- I have to activate and then deactivate the parking brake to release the brakes so the aircraft will move under power,

- then I find the standard button controls for braking ("." and "-", "+"), which are still correctly configured in FSX, have no effect, the only way I can stop the aircraft is the parking brake.

I'd appreciate any help I can get as I really enjoy using this product. I searched this support forum and couldn't find anyone else having this problem - which is a worry as it probably means I have misconfigured something :(. I have checked the manual and the initial setup of FS2crew was straight forward, so I can't figure out what I've done wrong.

Peter

Hi Bryan, thanks for your quick response.

I spent quite a bit of time tonight retesting and was able to reproduce the problem by rejecting takeoffs. After uninstalling FS2crew, I found I still had the problem, which emlimated FS2crew. I am now doubting my original tests in which I was certain that everything was OK if I didn't use FS2crew.

I finally found the problem - I still had FSUIPC definitions for left and right brake axes, but the brake pedals are no longer fitted to my current sim PC. After removing these definitions, all worked OK

Sorry to bother you with a self inflicted problem.

Love the program and look forward to doing lots more flying with it

Peter