Sign in to follow this  
ahinterl

Courchevel - Mesh or Landclass without Texture Folder?

Guest draky

Quickie question that I should know the answer to - is it the Landclass or Terrain Mesh folders that are NOT supposed to have a texture folder as well as the scenery folder?.I have just loaded up Corchevel in the French Alpes together with Lago's East France Mesh plus a couple of "AltiRelief" (North & South) files that I placed in my usual Terrain Mesh folder. All I can manage from this famous airfield is an extremely bumpy runway instead of the slope and couple of gradients I have seen on other computers with the Couchevel scenery.I am blaming the mesh for not either installing or being recognised. Just wondering if anyone else has had this experience?. My temporary solution has been to include a flatten switch but that rather destroys the nice slope and gradient changes of this runway.

The Landclass folder should not have a texture folder. However if it does, this will not cause the problems you describe. It would just result in memory leaks and deteriorating performance.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Same for me.This extremely interesting airport is useless for me, the runway looks like plastered with huge stones, and white buildings appear half buried in the mountain. Bumpy runway is a too soft description for what I have in my FS.I use R. Taburets Europe mesh, that's probebly the reason why it doesn't work.Too sad that there's nobody who has done a better Courchevel... Andreas

Guest draky

>Same for me.>>This extremely interesting airport is useless for me, the>runway looks like plastered with huge stones, and white>buildings appear half buried in the mountain. Bumpy runway is>a too soft description for what I have in my FS.>>I use R. Taburets Europe mesh, that's probebly the reason why>it doesn't work.>>Too sad that there's nobody who has done a better>Courchevel... >>AndreasThe version of Courchevel I have is really good and I put it on my work computer that does not have all the added mesh that this home computer has. At work the runway is perfectly represented with the slope and gradient changes. Our problems are only the mesh that gives the horrendous and unusable runway "features" - I am determined to get it sorted so watch this space! :)Do you havew the FS9 version? you can get it here with a link to all the required textures and mesh...http://perso.wanadoo.fr/bravomike/altiports2004.htmlDave

Guest draky

>The Landclass folder should not have a texture folder.>However if it does, this will not cause the problems you>describe. It would just result in memory leaks and>deteriorating performance.So all the Terrain Mesh should have a "TEXTURE" folder... ???? and all the "LANDCLASS" should NOT have a TEXTURE folder?Can some kind sould please confirm this as many of my professionally installed mesh comes without a TEXTURE folder - sumfin dun look right here and may explain a lot of "happenings" with my scenery. Thanks. Dave

Guest draky

>Same for me.>>This extremely interesting airport is useless for me, the>runway looks like plastered with huge stones, and white>buildings appear half buried in the mountain. Bumpy runway is>a too soft description for what I have in my FS.>>I use R. Taburets Europe mesh, that's probebly the reason why>it doesn't work.>>Too sad that there's nobody who has done a better>Courchevel... >>AndreasTry this flatten switch... it will at least give you use of the runway athough of course without the gradient and slope...Flatten.0=6570,N45 24.00,E006 38.25,N45 23.98,E006 38.28,N45 23.79,E006 38.07,N45 23.83,E006 38.00Cut and paste the line in your Scenery.cfg file so your entry for Altiports looks like this (layer will be a different number and this only if your Altiports folder is in the Addon Scenery folder in FS9... :-[Area.XXX]Title=AltiportsActive=TRUELayer=XXXLocal=Addon SceneryAltiportsFlatten.0=6570,N45 24.00,E006 38.25,N45 23.98,E006 38.28,N45 23.79,E006 38.07,N45 23.83,E006 38.00

Getting back to the subject, I don't believe mesh bgl files care if there is or isn't an associated texture folder.For landclass, if there is a texture folder, it must contain all textures called by that landclass or the memory leak will occur. This allows the possibility of using custom textures, without dumping them all in the global texture folder.scott s..

Tried again yesterday, but the runway looks more like big, frozen ocean waves, bumpy like hell.Putting the flatten switch into scenery.cfg would take away what Courchevel is all about: the sloped runway.But thank you anyway for the tip.It's always a problem with airports: they mostly rely on default mesh and give erroneous results when using mesh with a higher LODMaybe some day we'll see a more compatible Courchevel (e.g. when FS will be able to have sloped runways by default).Andreas

Guest BruceFreeburger

Andreas, I found the problem with Bernard Martin's LFLJ Courchevel 4.2 scenery. It was created before the FS9.1 patch. Before the patch, FS2004 could not view mesh terain in 38.2 meter resolution. Go back and edit FS9.cfg [TERRAIN]TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL=19If you set the above to 19, the runway is smooth again. Changing the season to summer makes the runway surface more visable. I had it at 21, and the runway looked like ocean waves. It was still unusable at 20. By the way, either of these two freeware mesh files in the AVSIM library are very close to the payware Lago Terrain Mesh #7. Both use the same STRM data. Mauri seems to be more aware of editing errors. They both have most of europe.Pietro Mauriitalymesh2004.zipVincent van Veenitaly.zipCheers,Bruce Freeburger

Guest draky

>Andreas,> I found the problem with Bernard Martin's LFLJ Courchevel>4.2 scenery.> It was created before the FS9.1 patch. Before the patch,>FS2004 could not view mesh terain in 38.2 meter resolution.>> Go back and edit FS9.cfg >>[TERRAIN]>>TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL=19>>If you set the above to 19, the runway is smooth again.>Changing the season to summer makes the runway surface more>visable. > I had it at 21, and the runway looked like ocean waves. It>was still unusable at 20.>>> By the way, either of these two freeware mesh files in the>AVSIM library are very close to the payware Lago Terrain Mesh>#7. Both use the same STRM data. Mauri seems to be more aware>of editing errors. They both have most of europe.>>Pietro Mauri>italymesh2004.zip>>Vincent van Veen>italy.zip>>Cheers,>Bruce Freeburger>>Thanks Bruce - that must rank as my favorite tip of the month - have been trying to sort out the lumps for a week mate - now it looks and performe like it was supposed to - thanks again.... :)