Sign in to follow this  
Bob Church

CH Throttle - Problems with Mixture Engine 1

Guest draky

I have just added the CH Throttle to the yoke and pedals and have been paying attention to the instructions leaflets and help files for the first time in my life. Having got to grips with the CH Control Manager software (V3.60) and done all the callibrations and mapping I have a really annoying problem. All works fine except the lever assigned to Engine 1 Mixture. I have the registered version of FSUIPC and done all the necessary axis assigmnments and settings in FSUIPC but I never can see any input signals for the engine 1 mixture lever. The device seems to work fine as when all the throttle levers are calibrated they all show that they are sedning output to the Conrtol Manager. It just seems that FS( refuses to see the signal from the one lever assigned to the mixture for engine 1.Anmy suggestions?Thanks - Dave

Guest draky

FS Controller assignment tab - you mean from within FS9 under assignments or somewhere else?

Guest draky

>Yeah mate, thats the one. Sorry, not thinking clearly>tonight.. too much sun today :-lolThanks John but it is correctly assigned and since I posted I have used the utility CMFS v1.21 to try and sort out the devices.cfg file but still no sign of the mixture control for E1 being seen..... the saga continues. Thanks anyways - I wish we could see the sun here (winter in UK freeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzin)Guess I should have posted this in the hardware forum - sorry folks!!!

Hi Draky,As John mentioned, it's usually the Sensitivity setting that kills the axis. You can assign it, but then it will cause no movement. It's s bit odd as CMFS should have set that up for you in Devices.cfg, too, though. Be sure you're using the AXIS_MIXTUREn_SET version of the command and not the older MIXTUREn_SET. Only the AXIS_xxx_SET commands seem to work with the later versions of FS. Also, in some cases you need to go into the FS Controls Assignment screen and click the "Reset Defaults" button for the controllers to get the new Devices.cfg file read after CMFS has processed the map.Best regards,- BobThe StickWorkshttp://www.stickworks.com

Guest draky

Thanks - a few more questions though.... Would you advise to use the Control manager in Map or Direct mode? also the program settings section - should the Mopde be = CMS?

Guest draky

I also noticed that in the CH Control Manager the additional axes are R U and V but in FS assignments these are given different names - Y rotation, X rotation and Z rotation? - this can not affect the other two levers that I have functioning correctly but looks a bit odd.

Guest draky

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!! It was the sensitivity setting for the mixture axis that was turned right down for some reason. I get the "idiot of the week" award for never realising to scroll down when the sensitivity window is open - 3 are displayed but then there after all six axes!.... when I noticed the slider at the RHS then I could see the sensitivity setting for the mixture engine 1 was set at zero.... easy when you know how.Thanks guys - really appreciate your help here - now all is working but heavy weather at Courchevel this morning has me sat in the lodge watching the wind sock (when I can see it!!) :)Dave

Hi Draky,>> Thanks - a few more questions though.... Would you advise to use the Control manager in Map or Direct mode? <> also the program settings section - should the Mopde be = CMS? <> I also noticed that in the CH Control Manager the additional axes are R U and V but in FS assignments these are given different names - Y rotation, X rotation and Z rotation? - this can not affect the other two levers that I have functioning correctly but looks a bit odd. <http://www.stickworks.com

Guest draky

Bob - thanks for your time and explanations - all well noted my end and now I have everything working fine thanks you you guys I will back out of here and now try to get my runway at Courchevel sorted out.... much appreciated. :)

Dont't feel dumb, draky. I was coming to the forum with the same question when I found your thread. Thanks for asking first!Randall