Sign in to follow this  
Guest United

Lago MD80 Series Released !!

Guest United

My very first impressions of Lago's new MD80:1. $45.00 US, not inexpensive2. Installs with two different models, one with and one without a VC. Lago says they are still working on the VC for the one without.3. It seems that besides the installed liveries, JetCity will be handling sales of pending liveries, apparently a whole series from the MD80/81 to MD90. I am not sure however, it's kinda confusing on who is going to sell what.4. The 2D panel looks good to me, maybe not great, say like PMDG, but that's a real subjective call on my part. 5. Externally, looks fabulous6. Sounds really good too.7. I even started it cold, kinda like the old Flight1 DC9 only a whole lot easier as long as you know to move the fuel levers forward on the throttle panel.7. ? about ease of use of FMC, seems that it will not interface with FS9 flight plans, that you must enter manually, but I haven't got that far.I also have looked at that odd 2D panel only site for the MD80, no way I'm getting into that Panelwithoutaplane thing for now.Randy Jura, KPDX

So you have to pay for extra liveries? That sucks.I will think about getting this plane. I do like the SGA MD-80's, but I don't really like the panel Im using plus there are liveries I would like to have that no one seems to want to paint.

How does the VC look???

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest captandy

What are the liveries that are bundled with this release ??I was interested in American,Delta,and Continental.ThanksAndy

Hi,The VC looks nice but kills the framerates. In 2D I have about 20/24 frates, in VC about 8/10 when standing on the ground.(P4 2.8 / 9800 Pro)Maybe it's bad only on my system, I dunno, but the VC seems to hit the frates enormouslyNevertheless I very pleasantly surpriced by the quality of the panel, especially regarding the track record of LAGO last year.There are a few glitches but so far they are minor.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Guest stevehow

VC looks good...at the moment cant get EFIS to work...its me i think..so No electrical power somewhere..no wipers either( my first check)always like the wipers to work..lol.must have rain effects also(it does)only gripe...not a lot of paintjobs.i count six ..only use VC so dont count the rest steve

2D panel:- ALITALIA- MERIDIANA- SWISSAIR - AEROMEXICO - FINNAIR - TRANS WORLD AIRLINES- SCANDINAVIAN AIRLINES- ALASKA AIRLINES- DELTA AIRLINES- SPANAIR 2D + VC panel:- ALITALIA- DELTA AIRLINES- IBERIA- AEROMEXICO - VALUEJET- SPANAIR

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Guest stevehow

Hidelta is there..also alitalia,valuejet,aeromexico,iberia and spanair.there are others..but they only come with 2d panel..ill keep you updated as i get more info steve

Wow that's terrible about the VC framerates... Hopefully Lago will release a tool to adjust the gauge refresh rates...

FS2020 

Guest ohioguy

Boy, I just love the MD80. With the current trend of ultra high quality packages, I'm a bit afraid to take the jump. I've been flying this DF 727 and I'm amazed at $35 US. I just don't think I'll be happy with much less quality, especially for more $$$.Knowing me, I'll buy it anyway.

Guess I'm buying this thing as soon as I get home... It's about time we have a professional MD-80... :-roll

FS2020 

Are most of the buttons and levers clickable and functioning?

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Guest secks

I'd like to know how this MD80 compares to the MDMAX Super 80 in terms of systems fidelity.

I've never heard of that, do you have a website for it?Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD