Sign in to follow this  
FSXtrial

Help getting realism in FSX.

For your computers DO NOT GET WINDOWS 8 .Take this from me with a lot of experience with Windows 8. It's a pain in the &@($*!

For your computers DO NOT GET WINDOWS 8 .Take this from me with a lot of experience with Windows 8. It's a pain in the &@($*!

Got my computer about a year after the Windows 8 release. Looked horrible. This is not a phone OS ya know? Can't stand it.. Won't ever get it.

First I like Windows 8... For playing around!!! :rolleyes: Second I wish I had known about REX the person that sold it to me I guess made some extra bucks. DX10 seemed better looking to me but on my son's no such test will be performed. I was testing on mine first. I may keep playing with mine but not his. So should I not have both REX4 and REX plus with OD installed with ASN? I want ASN so what should I do about REX?

So should I not have both REX4 and REX plus with OD installed with ASN? I want ASN so what should I do about REX?

You only need REX 4. Don't even bother installing REX+OD because REX 4 is a better program at least that is my opinion having used both.  

I am going to try posting a picture of two problems. One is the black squares I think its missing a texture. The other is DFW with GSX. You will see that but I can try explaining. I am either in canyons or like the picture lots of invisible stuff. It might take a little while to figure out how to put them in gallery but hopefully in a little while I will have them.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_rGe_9vlU7pTmlrWkxaODlDUGs/edit

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_rGe_9vlU7pR2JpNjk4MjQ5UDA/edit

I guess I am behind the times.

I hope this is ok I am not able to get this stuff to transfer to the website.

These are linked to the pictures. But I have had to do it in google chrome???

One has a broken link, the other leads me to a google docs page with a broken image.

What you can do is upload the images to imgur, and then copy the image URL, and come back to the forum. In the editor, click on image (the little photo of a tree next to the hyperlinks) and paste the image url in there. Or you can upload them to dropbox and create a public download link for both.

The squares might be representations of trees whose' textures did not load. OR, your settings are too high. Other settings may be taking up too many system resources for the objects to display. Try lowering your settings. Others have said this started happening once they install scenery.

In the one where you're at the airport, it seems like the ground is elevated judging by the runway lights and taxiway signs, I read you had DFW scenery, this maybe a problem with the addon. I recommend uninstalling FSX and any other addons (some addons really "hook" into your system, go to Control Panel > Programs & Features, find anything related to FSX and uninstall) or you could click repair if this gives you the option to that, however I would still do a clean reinstall to assure nothing is left behind (like I said, of addons and FSX).

I turned DX10 off and removed both FSDT GSX and DFW. It seems fine now. I also set display to default. the biggest offender I think was FSDT.

In all the above you havent mentioned the specs of your hardware. I have Orbx airports in FSX and am using a 2 yr old PC with a display card that reviewers rate less than average, 4gb ram and quadcore 3.2 ghz i3 processor with FSX display options overall at mid range. My FSX really struggles to get a frame rate above 8 when flying over a large Orbx airport so my question is do you want realism in the scenery or realism in the ability to fly the aircraft. To get the latter you will need a good PC with above average graphics card.

My son wants rudder pedals to practice for flight school.

Worth buying some realistic aircraft add-ons as well? Especially if your lad wants to learn to fly real aircraft.

I recommend anything by RealAir Simulations.

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

I finally put the specs for my sons pc in my profile. Mine is not listed yet. I did buy him an A2A Cessna 172 Trainer. I think it's not the hardware but it is older. I7 quad core 9650 3ghz 8gb ram gtx 480 sli but not when on the sim. Realism in scenery and whatever it takes to fly the plane. But the scenery I think is ok for now. I can't buy him a whole new computer. After all I am having to pay for school. Dreamteam sent an email this morning saying they think it's one of the other programs. I can believe that. But why until it was installed was it fine then after it was removed it was fine again? I am a little suspicious of FSGenesis. That does the elevations. But again it's fine without the add on and the GSX never worked. I think the trainer for now is good for planes. I will add as he moves up. Is there anything else that would be helpful? My mistake he is not even allowed to land at DFW!! Dear old dad is not very knowledgable.

Ok I have fixed the problem with DFW airport. Installed FS Global all areas FSGenesis USA FTX global and vector. Between REX 4 and Rex essential OD I am starting to think OD presents a more realistic scenario. My sons pc needs a motherboard and processor upgrade so I am waiting for that to get here. If any one knows how to make the lights in FTX global vector smaller less glaring it would be great to know how. I have to say I am so impressed words can not explain. From basically flight sim 2004 to this I am astounded.

Two questions.

One how can I make FTX lights less bright and large?

What are the different addons that make people in the plane talk and what program do you use to talk to the towers? Like in real life when you pass from one towers control to another and landing? Is that possible?

FSX has built-in ATC, but it's terrible for those who are looking to fly commercial. FSX's default ATC is very limited, and does not include everything a real pilot would expect. There's many addons such as RC4 and VoxATC.

Once again if it's commercial airliners, FS2Crew will get you a co-pilot, that will handle the radio, complete checklists with you, and more, however I do not actually own this software, but from what I've heard and seen it looks great.

I'll try to find one of those two. I am sure the FS2Crew will be going on mine. I am looking forward to the big planes. My son has no intentions of going into the big jumbos. If it was me I would do that and have a personal plane also then I would get to fly most of the time but I'm probably too old to become an airline pilot. So I'll just have to wish and play like it. What about traffic 360 is that any good?