Sign in to follow this  
mrb32854

Eaglesoft Diamond Twin in FS9...Virtual Cockpit slows FPS.

When I just stick to external view(s) and 2d-Cockpit, my average FPS stays way up there, between 40 and 60.

However, whenever I go into Virtual Cockpit View, my FPS average goes down to about 20 to 35, and stays there for all other views (tower, external, 2D-cockpit).

If I...

- press the Alt-key real quick in external view, like chase view, or,

- do a right-mouse-key press in external/chase-view and then press the left-mouse-key real quick,

....either of these acts like a kind of "reset" for the FPS-average, and it goes back up to 40/60.

Basically, I have to completely avoid Virtual Cockpit if I don't want to kill my FPS rate.

Any of you experience this with any other aircraft, and/or, if you did, any advice on what might be causing this and how to fix?

I'm overclocking the video-card already (using Zoltec, but have tried EVGA, MSI, etc.), but, it doesn't seem to make any difference, i.e., Virtual Cockpit still puts the brakes on my average FPS, overclock or not.

Hmm, no system or OS info, no FS version, no hardware description, etc. How could anyone expect to help?

We have support forums but require registration, the above information and more,  otherwise we are left to a guessing game.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Gee - I don't know if 20-35 fps qualifies as "killing frame rates".

Graeme Butler

I just registered at EAG Forum and will post there, with more details on type of computer, height, weight, etc.