Sign in to follow this  
Richard Lincoln

Milviz 737-200c On Sale

Hi Richard,

Thanks for leaving me in tact :P . Cartoon looking would mean the VC proportions, colorings, sharpness, clarity etc.....Milvis looks more like an artistic drawing to me. The CS VC looks a lot more realistic based on the those criteria I mentioned. Again I don't have the Milvis, just seen pictures and vids. Do a visual comparison. I think you'll see what I'm talkng about.  But as I mentioned earlier, I'm interested in comparing Milivs 732 to CS with all the available mods for CS 732 install. If you haven't installed the available mods as I have, a comparison wouldn't work for me.

Thanks-

Brian

Brian- Could you please share where I can get the FDE fixes for the CS 737?  I agree with your use of the word "cartoonish" btw. 

Check on the CS website forum. There is also an excellent V1 gauge addon to get proper Vspeeds with temps and payloads. With the updates she fly's beautifully.

http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=168821

I agree that some of CS textures looks somewhat more realistic based on that comparison video I say but it also looked like the Milviz showed more details as far as ports and other features on the skin of the aircraft are concerned, like the nose cone for example. I could be wrong but that is what I recall. The thing is though you don't really hear a lot of people complain the look of CS aircraft in FSX but the complaints about bugs and bad flight models poor or absent system simulation are endless. It all comes down to whether you prefer to fly the airplane or look at it.

Besides I personally find the Milviz very convincing looking.

It looks old. Not fake old. Real old

Just bought it.  I really like the way it feels. Flies very well. However I would not consider this a systems simulation.  While most of the switches and systems are there, they do not operate as they do on a real b737.  Overall not bad for $34. 

Adam,

Did it take long to receive the download link? I bought it Wednesday but got no download link as yet.

I have already e-mailed Milviz to check with them if there is any problem. 

Edmundo Azevedo

Adam,

Did it take long to receive the download link? I bought it Wednesday but got no download link as yet.

I have already e-mailed Milviz to check with them if there is any problem. 

Hi Edmundo,did you receive the return email yet,please let me know,also you can log your query on the Milviz support Website.

Thanks Richard.

I sent an email to Milviz and received the information that a download link will be sent later today.

Regards 

Edmundo Azevedo

Brian- Could you please share where I can get the FDE fixes for the CS 737?  I agree with your use of the word "cartoonish" btw. 

Would like to know that too!

Thanks,

Bill

Gents,

Here are the CS 737-100 fixes:

http://captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1359400401

Also, go to Avsim library and look for  CS737_ApuGenGrdPwrMod. You'll need this fix to keep the batteries from dying.

Paul's V- One gauge is a must and really enhances the experience. Also, use the PDCS at your own risk as it's known to cause CTD at times.

A pleasure to fly with them, useless without them. Be sure to install all of those on the list and the 737-100 will really fly by Real World docs and  feel great

An embarrassment for the developer that customers have to do all this to get this thing functioning. Not that CS even realizes this. Enough said there.

Enjoy.

I bought it and did a quick test flight with the 177. I guess I saw enough to see why people like it, but that's about it. Yes, I was able to cold start it with no problem. Hand flying it was great. I thought the sounds were a little better than CS and the FPS are shockingly good. i was amazed at how smooth the takeoff was. Pretty cool!

So, after getting the plane in the air, I decided to try out the AP. I turned it on, selected a few buttons and...nothing. Basic heading, speed, and altitude functions didn't seem to work at all. I tried several different buttons and nothing seemed to work. I also checked the manuals and didn't see an obvious answer of how you activate it. I'm guessing the FMC must have something to do with it, but nothing really stood out there either. So that didn't seem so great and it begs the question why there is no tutorial flight. At least a "how to get it in the air and turn the AP on" would have been nice

Hi,FSDanL,if you are having troubles enabling a system of this Aircraft perhaps going to the Milviz forum may be an option.

@FSDanL: The critical question is which autopilot? There are two totally different autopilots:

1. SP77
  2. SP177

There is a manual for the SP77 included in the ..\Manuals folder: SP-77 Autopilot.pdf

There is an FCOM manual for both autopilots as well: Full AP Ops.pdf

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

It was the SP177. I'll try the other to see what happens, but that was the one I was testing last night. I'm going to take a closer look at those manuals.