Sign in to follow this  
stepwilk

How do I uninstall X-Plane 10 from an iMac?

I recently downloaded the 10.25 upgrade for my 10.05 X-Plane Regional North America, and now the program crashes constantly and is useless.  I would like to start all over again, uninstall X-Plane and reinstall my original copy.  (That ran just fine.)

I have tried moving to the trash every X-Plane file I can find, but it still tells me, "You already have X-Plane installed on this computer" when I try to re-install it.  And yes, I've tried using the new installer from the X-Plane website in place of the one on the 10.05 disk #1.

I'm using an iMac running OS X 10.7.5

I don't use MAC, but X-Plane installs itself in one folder..  Wherever you chose to install it.  Removal of that one folder will remove everything.

John

John Wingold

Try an app called AppZapper. http://www.appzapper.com/ It's free to try for five "zaps", $12.95 if you want to use it on a more permanent basis. It hunts around the system and finds all the little files that reference the main app and kills them. Any time I've ever used it on my Macbook Pro, it's been good to me.

-Alex

As far as im aware there are no registry files just the actual xplane folder, so deleting that is supposed to completely remove it?

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

AME GE90, GP7200 CFM56 

As far as im aware there are no registry files just the actual xplane folder, so deleting that is supposed to completely remove it?

That's correct!

John

John Wingold

Boy, this is a real parasite.  I've tried everything recommended on this and another forum or two, and nothing works.

contact laminar . there is no way it should be this hard to uninstall a simple program like xplane. 

Boy, this is a real parasite.  I've tried everything recommended on this and another forum or two, and nothing works.

I don't have a mac but you probably have a second copy of xplane installed(demo) ?

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

To delete X-Plane on a Mac you simple drag and drop to the trash can. As has been said nothing is installed outside that folder and Mac OSX has no registry. Just make sure you empty the trash can as unless you do, the hard drive space that it occupied will still show as being used.

Jason E Row

Follow me on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/JasonRowPhotography

I've done all of those things recommended above, including emptying the trash, which I usually do routinely several times a day.  Nothing works, it still tells me I have X-Plane already installed.  So I've re-installed the original that I have, as a second installation.  Haven't tried it yet, but I'm hoping it will work.

Incidentally, my Regional edition (North America) isn't supported by Randy Witt, at least not in this instance. He told me to contact Graphic Simulations, who he said does the Regionals and who he thinks uses a different installer than the Global edition uses.

Thanks, by the way, for all the advice offered above.

My X-Plane Regional now seems to be working again, having reinstalled to the original 10.05 version.  I think I'll skip the update...