Sign in to follow this  
Guest monsoon

Review of Aeroworx King Air

Look at what Avsim gave this KingAir and then go look at what they gave the PSS Concord (only a third of the VC is interactive among other problems)... Ricardo it's a little sad at what get's recognition around here sometimes...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I'd say: go out and add it to your fleet, then keep pestering Aeroworx to finally release the patch they've been promising for months (almost half a year?) now. Again, the Aeroworx guys are talented, but the customer service needs much improvement in terms of needing to be more efficient. To be sure, Henning does answer almost all questions on his forum, but that doesn't strike me as an efficient way of improving the product. Spend your time coding, not responding to every (more or less useful) request.The CTD when exiting a flight is a serious issue - this should have been fixed by now. ricardo

I had several exchanges with Henning and other users on their forum on the CTD. The hangup for Aeroworx is that none of them ever see the CTD and can't reproduce it. Several of us brainstormed to find some commonalities as to systems, etc. but nothing came of it. I just don't want to go through a reinstallation again; but also am very frustrated as the plane itself is so great. Seems to be a crapshoot that determines if someone ends up with the CTD. But if you have it, it happens *every* flight. Mike

We'll be reviewing the "bug fixed" B200 once the patch is released on our new UK Flight Sim Review Site. Version One is still a great aeroplane despite the occasional hiccup.FSD Piaggio Avanti is our first review appearing in a few weeks.RegardsAdam MooreSimReviewwww.simreview.co.ukWin XP Pro - ARIA Custom PCPrescott 3.20 GHz - 2GB RAMAsus ATi Radeon X800 Pro TD 256MB19" CRT 1600x1200 @ 100hzAudiophile 24/96FS2004 + UK2000 1/2/3/4/5/6/EGLL PROUK VFR Photographic Scenery 1/2/3/4UK VFR Terrain MeshCURRENTLY TESTING: RealAir Spitfire

Guest secks

Did you try modifying your PCI latency settings to reasonable values? Usually the video card is set much, much too high and can cause instability. Have you tried reinstalling flightsim or windows? I know it's drastic, but hey, this is a great addon :)

Now that is a review worthy of the name... Those side-by-side comparison photos were extremely well done...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest B742FAN

Just as an alternate viewpoint on the crashes, I've been flying this plane since it's release and have never had a crash. Just saying not everybody has them. Must be very frusterating to be a developer and try to mimick things like that.__Josh

Guest Peter Sidoli

JoshI have never had a CTD either and for such a complex Bird I get really good frames.What makes a really great addon aircraft is that X plus factor which is hard to quantify. The B200 has that X Factor.Peter

Guest RotorRick

While the reviewer flies the King Air in the real world, in flight simulations he flies Falcon 4.0 a lot, and has made many "mission reports" that feature commentary and screen captures of the action...others have been done previous to that using Janes F-18 SuperHornet and JanesF-15 (Strike Beagle! LOL!)He also posted a few pics from the cockpit during a recent flight, posted in the Community Hall.

Yep, I use LatencyCFg program. As I said before I already did a reinstall of FS as the CTD's, I believe, corrupted the program. I won't do a reinstall of XP just for a single add-on, especially one I paid for, and it is the reponsibility of the vendor to fix. It's true that not everyone gets the CTD, but enough do to make it an issue. And, I keep saying, it's a truly great plane. I just wish I was one of the ones who could actually use it. Mike

Guest bonjourmoi44

Ok, i posted the same thing at Aeroworx's forum, but just some ideas:I have only received a CTD from one product in my life. This is a shot in the dark here, but maybe it would be worth contacting the maker of Active Camera to see if there is any correlation between the two products. I know they do very different things, but his software will crash much like Aeroworx's software if a user has the patch for FS9 to make it FS9.1. Active Camera has a patch for those using FS9.1 that fixes the problem. Also, when I had this problem, pressing Alt-Enter and going to window mode fixed the problem. Maybe try this before exiting and see if it fixes the problem until the patch is released. Just my two cents. Also, is everyone who receives the CTD not using the FS patch to make it FS9.1?

Guest B52Drivr

Hello All,I wanted to add just a bit to my prievious post . . . although I've had CTD's a few times with my new system, I have never had a CTD with the B200, it has always remained stable and working properly.Best,Clayhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...ers/Dopke01.jpgClayton T. Dopke (Clay)Major, USAF (retired)"Drac"

Guest LLgaz

Just wanted to say that I have never had a CTD with the B200 either. Like I said above, I've already logged 100+ hours with it and not a single CTD.It is fustrating for a developer when that happens.

Thanks Rick....and thanks to everyone for their kind comments. The review/article was a blast to do, for obvious reasons. I've waited a long time for sim topic that I could speak definitively on :) Aeroworx did a great job on the B200...99.99% of it is spot on. Sure there are some very minor glitches but when taken in the context of what they HAVE accomplished I think the results are astonishing. I did extensive testing and flying with the Aeroworx B200 and didn't have any issues such as CTDs or anything. I was running stock Flight Simulator 2004 with the Microsoft patch applied to it..if that helps. The only other changes I think I made were the addition of some runway/airport textures and a couple of free mesh downloads for the Virginia/NC area.I was running it on a P4 2.0 Ghz machine, 512MB and a crap GeForce 4-460Go card (64mb). I'm not much of computer guru when it comes to hardware, but I've been told my graphics card pretty much is at the low end of the spectrum these days. (After installing Radeon 9800 Pros in my Dad and brother's computers I can agree with that statement..lol..) Even with a relatively "challenged" video card I was getting very good frame-rates and performance out of the B200. I had the airplane model on set at as high a resolution as I could get (detail wise) and terrain set at medium and things like shadows and stuff turned to medium. I had virtually no AI traffic and some other settings turned down...not because of the B200 but simply because my machine chokes on those higher settings even with the default planes.I have TrackIR2 and was able to smoothly pan around the 3D pit with no problems with frame-rates..although they definitely not as fast as the 2D pits. I really enjoyed shooting approaches and low-IFR work with the detailed heads-down 2D panel. The exterior views were just awesome. I could spend hours just panning around the aircraft looking at it from all angles. After flying King Airs for about 7 years I've always wondered what they looked at from the outside on approaches and stuff...now I know!!Anyway..thanks for the comments...if you have any questions I'll be happy to try to answer them (real or sim..)Regards...Chris "BeachAV8R" FrishmuthSimHQ Contributing Editor

Chris, thanks for taking the time to write the review. I think it's probably the best flight sim addon review I've yet seen...especially the way you mix the real life photos/war stories and the story that the sim tells... I wasn't able to tell which was which at times!