Sign in to follow this  
Guest monsoon

Review of Aeroworx King Air

Guest LLgaz

The only review that's as good as this one is the review that 757 captain did for the PIC767. I think his name was Bill....

Guest monsoon

Yep William Ball. We haven't heard much from him lately. Where are ya Bill?

Thanks...it's funny you say that because when I was putting the article together to forward it to the editor for formatting I was having a heck of a time keeping my panel shots differentiated from the Aeroworx ones. :D I see also that Henning has posted an update on the Aeroworx site regarding some bugs that have been squashed for Version 2.0...On another note..even though SimHQ is often a bit "militaristic" in our coverage we do have tons of real world pilots on staff. Many of our former military pilots are now flying in a civilian capacity..so they add a unique perspective from 3 sides (civilian, military & simulation)..Regards...Chris "BeachAV8R" Frishmuth

Guest av84fun

Just chiming in on the CTD issue sort of reluctantly because I think the B200 and the Spit are the two finest add-ons going. I'm just mentioning the following issue in the hope that if might aid in troubleshooting the issue.The only time I've had CTD's is when I crashed the airplane...not a system crash...a bent aluminum crash. When the AIRPLANE crashed...so did FS9.My first airplane crash was during an initial fly-before-reading-manual flight which was all my fault. But instead of reloading, I got a CTD. (the crash effects were pretty cool though).The second was intentional to see if I could duplicate the CTD issue. I did.In both cases I could not relaunch FS9. I got a CTD when attempting to launch ANY aircraft. Of course, I was worried at first but just rebotting my rig put everything back to normal.Again, this is a GREAT machine and has given me NO problems except those I caused myself. I'm just passing this on for debugging purposes.Regards,Jim

Mike,It should be noted that only some users have experienced a "consistent CTD"...I've flown the plane for more than 100 hours and haven't had any. Word on the Aeroworx forum is that the fix list for the 2.0 update is being finalized...all the issues discussed there are being fixed, and soon.Yoda

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

Been flying the B200 "by the numbers" for the last couple of weeksand never had an "CTD" issues either. I use ActiveCamera/ActiveSky etc.Superb looking and flying aircraft. Some of the most detailed 2D panel work I have seenRegardsAdamAdam Moorewww.simreview.co.ukWin XP - ARIA 3200PCPrescott 3.20 GHz - 2GB RAMAsus ATi Radeon X800 Pro TD 256MB19" CRT 1600x1200 @ 100hzAudiophile 24/96 Audio