Sign in to follow this  
jtwhite

Xplane x and XHSI, oh my

Im a recent convert to X Plane, something that's just great about it... maybe it's the ease of creating scenery, the through-the-roof frame rates (even on my old Dell XPS 420), and, really, theres some kind of depth-of-field thing going on that I can't put my finger on.

Anyway, I discovered another great reason .... XHSI. My head is spinning with all the possibilities.

If you fly X Plane and are interested in cockpit building, do a search and check it out.

Holy crap! I think I just peed my pants (Sorry for the visual)

I'm building a KingAir 350 pit based on X-Plane and will soon be getting back into a 737 NG pit.

This is great news!  :wub:

Ray S.

Check out my aviation portfolio:

http://scottshangar.net

I know.... I couldnt believe it how cool the software is and how easy to set up and how easy on frame rates and... and ...

Where has these things been all this time?

Here's my simpit.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ll2pgociizfdw14/SIMPIT2.png

I love the little Eclipse jet in Xplane...just enough complexity for a quick trip up the road. And, the XHSI stuff works great with it.

Also, it's in keeping with the rules of the house - simpit can be in spare bedroom IF clutter is kept to a minimum. That's as much my idea as the wife's. Compact, adaptable, ready to go. And it fits great into the little cubby hole by the window (great for checking SkyMaxx Pro's weather fidelity).

I plan to move the table with the second screen over to the right side. The desk is a cheapy I bought at Walmart, but it works great, and I can saw, nail and set screws into as much as I want.

But, as the topic is the XHSI, I must say, it can't be beat.

I have most of the functions programmed into the GoFlight buttons, so that works out.