Sign in to follow this  
conura

An easy guide to populating X-Plane 10 with AI aircraft (for new X-Plane users)

Okay so I have this installed and was working great when I was flying in the default 747 but when I use either of my payware aircraft (Jardesign A330 and FlighFactor 757) the AI just sit at the gate doing nothing and none of the aircraft in the air land either, have tried multiple airports with no joy. Any ideas?

Okay so it looks like i've found the problem, I had a look at the common plugins between the 2 payware aircraft and the only one I could find was one called SASL, I'm not too sure what this one does but on disabling it AI traffic started moving again. Is this plugin important and can I expect any side affects of disabling it?

Steve.

Hmmm, what software are you using for the AI ? Default X-Plane 10 AI only ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Hmmm, what software are you using for the AI ? Default X-Plane 10 AI only ?

I'm using the AI aircraft suggested in Step one on the 1st page. Also after disabling the sasl plugin I realized you needed this active for the aircraft systems but at least I know what's causing the conflict.

Steve. 

Are there any GA ai aircraft available? All I can find are airliners. Also can you adjust the ai to start at the field or do they all start in the air?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

hello folks , i have been trying to get X plane poulated for somtime with no luck, first off the link is dead to get the planes , or is this the wrong link.

im new to X plane coming from FSX, and im already getting a headache.

Been two days trying to get a good traffic generator going, and so far I'm still alone. 

What am I missing. I even went and tried the evaluation copy of world traffic, and that was to much work for nothing. don't like moving files here or there, should be automatic. did all that and they still want keys to be assigned, way to much.

just want planes and planes only.  like in FSX.

it would appear that there are not that many good traffic programs for X plane.

I have a very good system so frame rate is not an issue.  I left FSX because of the down fall etc. came back later to X plane, looks great, but it looks limited in selections of good traffic generators.

I'm sure I'm talking out of my ignorant head, so straighten me out.

thanks .............RobertC

it would appear that there are not that many good traffic programs for X plane.

There's also another add-on for ai traffic called X-Life:

http://jardesign.org/x-life/www/

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Hello folks, I have converted to X plane, and I have been trying for a few days on how to get my sim populated with AI.

I have also tried the steps in tips and tricks and the link with the planes is broken.

Where and how can I get this done.

The Cunura link is dead!.

I just flew from Indy to Atlanta in a empty world.

THX...RobertC

Hey,

My post is pretty out of date now! Check out the x-life plugin for good traffic :)

Guys relax, World Traffic 3 will be out soon and pretty much blow anything (including FSX add-ons) out of the water. 

In fact I have 2.1 running with thousands of real (plausible) airline flights with superb models of all modern airliners. I sit at LAX and sometimes you can see the landing lights of 10+ jets coming in (at no relevant performance cost). Generally, the skies around major hubs are literally jammed with heavy metal with my setup.

The only downside right now is that the traffic will appear on the runway (when taking off) and vanish on the runway (after landing) because I didn't deal with the ground routes. However that has the advantage of being super easy on frames (no jammed taxiways). After all, it should be more important to have flying traffic than taxiing. This will be a non-issue with V3's ground routing anyways.

Even the ATC that comes with World Traffic is amazing, it will give you correct SIDs and STARs (and vectors) depending on runway operation, something X-Plane's ATC can't do.

I understand people are afraid to jump in because right now, setting up WT is no walk in the park. I will happily share my generated flights (real world airliner traffic for US, Europe, Germany, Japan plus US Air Force activity on US west coast, east coast and Germany). That's more than 40.000 flights per day, easily activated by dropping them into a folder! 

Everybody else, just wait for 3.0, it will deliver.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

Everybody else, just wait for 3.0, it will deliver.

Good comment Rob. WT has been a long time coming but looks to be on short final.

I will happily share my generated flights

Would you please share this generated flights with me? 

X-Plane%20banner1.jpg

Sorry for taking so long, here they are.

Make sure to download and install all airliners (Boeing, Airbus, ect.) from Bluebell here: http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/category/157-world-traffic-aircraft/

Once the aircraft and route files are in place (follow the manual), simply activate the regions in the World Traffic menu. Make sure to only activate one region (+ military if desired), as each region I created almost touches maximum number of flight plans WT can handle at once (10.000).

I am here if you need more support.

Would you please share this generated flights with me? 

See above.

• Upvote 1

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB