Sign in to follow this  
amberfluid

PRO-ATC/X Web Polls

Due to the dictatorial efforts of the PRO-ATC/X Forum moderators who continue to delete my posts regarding this site trying to get an anonymous opinion of how people really feel about the situation that's happening there it's been suggested to me that posting the link in this unbiased forum would be the answer so if you wish to answer 4 simple questions completely anonymously about PRO-ATC/X please go to (http://amberfluid.net)     

As I am the moderator of the proatcx forum and have been mentioned here......... this is the other side of the story as I have been described as dictatorial.

amberfluid is well aware that the developer of proatcx is working on a significant update which will be released once a few issues are ironed out.

On 2nd february alpha117 made an announcement that with a little luck and no unexpected issues that the release would hopefully be 2 to 3 weeks away...... but please not to hold them to that time frame. So that would make a timeframe ending 23rd February.

On the 19th February I announced an issue was being worked on by the developer and that the hoped timeframe would not be achieved. I mentioned that I would not be giving an adjusted expected release dates as in my experience release dates put added pressure on developers and they gave customers expectations which may not be met.

From the 19th February to 27th february the proatcx forum was subjected to negative postings by a small group of people not happy with the update not being released yet. As moderator of the forum and after receiving complaints about the 10 or 11 people posting negative comments, I asked people to stop the negative postings ...... that is what a moderator does.......and even listed the dates that proatcx developers had given progress updates in the forum..... at least one progress update each month since march last year.

I was told by a certain user ..... not amberfluid.......not to give any more progress updates as I was wasting his time and based on 8 days of negativity following my last progress update... I decided that I would follow his advice.

amberfluid mentioned that I deleted his posts and he is correct. I told amberfluid why his post was removed and unfortunately amberfluid decided to test me as a moderator and reposted this link every time I removed his post... posting an additional 12 posts which were all removed. I asked amberfluid to stop spamming the forum. He ignored me.

As moderator I gave him a warning that he had to stop now or things would escalate. He ignored me one more time and that post was removed.

Yes I understand that amberfluid is eager to see the release of the update...... we all are. However he broke forum rules last night my time and that will not be accepted.

The majority of proatcx customers are happy with proatcx and are happy to wait for the update....... 10 or 11 customers including amberfluid are not. As they say you cannot keep everyone happy.

I have repeatedly asked those 10 or 11 people to create support posts so the support team can help whatever their issues are...... so far none of them have followed up on my offer.

I cannot help them if they do not use a support forum for support questions.

As I am also a member of the support team I can be seen responding to support queries almost 24 hours a day...... except when the forum is quiet.

My impression is that most people are happy with the support I and the rest of the support team give. I therefore think it is unfair to have a poll saying are you happy with support you get from proatcx when there is no detsil of why you are unhappy. If you are unhappy that support has not given a specific release date for the update, then of course you will click the not happy button. But the role of support is to to resolve issues where possible, not argue with a handful of customers demanding the update be released.

That is all I have to say on the matter.

Proatcx forum moderator

Roy Jordan

The majority of proatcx customers are happy with proatcx and are happy to wait for the update....... 10 or 11 customers including amberfluid are not. As they say you cannot keep everyone happy.

I don't think you are going to get the majority of people in this forum to agree with you here. Most posts I read here on ProATC-X support and current and update status have been negative, and I have to say I'm not too happy with the situation either. You say there's been monthly updates on status since March last year. Ok where are they? The last update I've seen prior to the Feb 2014 update was the June 2013 update. It's good to see though this update, so at least there is still hope..

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

What are your goels with this pool amberfluid?

Tf51d: The majority of the happy costommers (like me) are busy using the program :)

The vocal minority is at play here I believe. I, for one, is happy with ProATC in its current status during my flights with the NGX and T7, but I never fly off to forums to say how cool everything is...perhaps I should start? 

That being said, yes, some sort of changelog, buglist, issues being worked on would have been nice.

Ryzen 9 5900X || Gigabyte RTX 4090 Windforce 24G || G.Skill TridentZ 32GB@3600CL16 || Asus ROG Strix Gaming-E X570
XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB M.2 NVMe || Corsair iCUE H115i PRO XT || Phanteks Eclipse P500A D-RGB || Phanteks Revolt Pro 1000W
Gigabyte 43'' FV43U 4k@144hz || X55 Rhino || G27 || Oculus Quest 2 || Turtle Beach Velocity One

I don't think you are going to get the majority of people in this forum to agree with you here. Most posts I read here on ProATC-X support and current and update status have been negative, and I have to say I'm not too happy with the situation either. You say there's been monthly updates on status since March last year. Ok where are they? The last update I've seen prior to the Feb 2014 update was the June 2013 update. It's good to see though this update, so at least there is still hope..

the dates of progress updates are here

http://www.pointsoftware.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12821&p=24736&sid=4c3b30db8136694aa10b31f3885470b0#p24736

Roy Jordan

Thanks for posting that. I think the problem may be that your update posts are mixed with the regular posts and are easily lost. Complicating the matter your search engine on the forum will not allow a search for the word "Update" because it's too common. It may be a good idea to pin these to the head of the forum in the future, or better yet give them their own sub forum to avoid the appearance of no updates. Thanks again

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Thanks for posting that. I think the problem may be that your update posts are mixed with the regular posts and are easily lost. Complicating the matter your search engine on the forum will not allow a search for the word "Update" because it's too common. It may be a good idea to pin these to the head of the forum in the future, or better yet give them their own sub forum to avoid the appearance of no updates. Thanks again

no problem....... I believe these were in with the regular posts as they were responses to user questions. Once the update is released I will try and organize that future update messages are added to their own area.

Roy Jordan

I for one am reasonably happy with the current version of ProATC-X and it works well for me every time.

Your poll is great though.  So good in fact I've voted in it twice.  I wonder how may times others who have a more extreme position have voted? 

ngxu_banner.png

rjord many of us has given up,i will see that update before i belive it come.you have said many times it will come ,nothing happens!

I was a customer - and voted with my feet. I'm now happily using VOXATC.

PRO-ATC was an incomplete product with promise, but life is too short to wait for some promises.  :Waiting:

Petraeus

I guess everybody has their own standards that they are willing to accept.

If you are willing to spend lots of money on poor quality software then I am happy for you.

Myself, like a lot of other people here, do not accept mediocre software and support.

Many months ago we were told the release was imminent, only the install script had to be written, a fairly simple task. That deadline has now passed, as have many others. Only one more bug to squash...

Personally I don't believe we will ever see any updates. If this was not the case it would not take very long to post a simple update/fix list, or new screen shots and everyone would be happy for a while.

So far all we have received are empty promises. 

I was an early adopter of the software. I picked up a number of bugs which I reported back to the developer. In my case it was a problem reading a certain publishers AIRAC data correctly. I kept being told that there was no problem and it was something wrong with my system. I'm a firmware programmer myself so when I can consistently replicate an error I know there is a problem. To cut a long story short it turns out my problem wasn't being checked. He eventually admitted that he didn't even have the AIRAC data which they proclaimed to support. Right then I knew I was being fed a load of nonsense and had serious concerns going forward.

The software has had potential, I just don't believe it will be attained with the current attitude. 

Anyway my copy has been relegated to the recycle bin. At least that worked.

it's not only about the Update, it's about there lousy support to ! wait a month for just a downloadlink for the Software it's far from aceptable. If you ask them some details about the software in order to help yourself and find a solution for your problems, they are not interested. They treat you like a fool. Roy has to comment almost every thread, and has to have the last word and then he imediatly locks the thread. newer saw that on any other Forum and we are not talking about personal offences. i hope this thread stays a neutral discussion space where everybody can  discuss (without personall offenses) and Roy can't do amything about it (censorship)

it's not only about the Update, it's about there lousy support to ! wait a month for just a downloadlink for the Software it's far from aceptable. If you ask them some details about the software in order to help yourself and find a solution for your problems, they are not interested. They treat you like a fool. Roy has to comment almost every thread, and has to have the last word and then he imediatly locks the thread. newer saw that on any other Forum and we are not talking about personal offences. i hope this thread stays a neutral discussion space where everybody can  discuss (without personall offenses) and Roy can't do amything about it (censorship)

Andi

1. The link you requested was not for the software itself but a specific update released in January 2013....14 months ago and not easy to find. You apparently had a phone conversation with the developer a month ago which neither I or another member of support were part of. You mentioned on March 14 that you were waiting for the developer to send the file you wanted and on march 20 you then stated in the forum you had not had a reply from an email you sent to the developer. I then provided support and did a week of testing to try and solve the problem for you....responding to you in the forum about what i was doing which you seemed happy with.  A few days ago I managed to get my hands on the version you wanted after searching my backup files but when I told you I was ready to send it to you I was told you no longer needed it. In my opinion this is not grounds for calling support "lousy". In future, can you please use the support forum to ask for support as I am not able to assist if you have separate phone or email discussions with the developer  that I am not part of.

2. I am not sure what your second sentence is about because every question you have left in the support forum about issues you have been having has been answered...so i do not understand why you think we are not interested.

3. We have never treated any customer like a fool.

4. I comment on just about every thread in the support forum because:

a )  I am the main support person

b )  I am the moderator

If the thread is asking for support then I have my support hat on....... if the thread is out of control or needs moderating then I have my moderator hat on.......  this is why you see me answer almost every thread...... if I didnt provide support then some people may call the support "lousy".

5. There is no censorship in the proatcx forum....... as moderator when tempers begin flaring in the forum between users the topics are closed..... happens in every forum. Some topics have been so bad that after careful consideration they have had to be removed due to their content......... If the tone of a forum becomes hostile or starts to move in the direction of personal attacks, the forum moderator usually has the discretion to lock the discussion to prevent heated, interchanges.... this may even lead to a thread being removed. As a forum moderator it is my role to enforce rules of conduct and decorum set by the forum. This is not censorship.

proatcx forum moderator

Roy Jordan