Sign in to follow this  
Guest sb55mv

Taxiway Sign Creator Program

Guest flightplan

Hi,I have been using the excellent "Program For Taxiway Signs Creating" by Vladimir Svoboda. The signs are great and they add a lot to the realism of an airport in FS2004.The problem I have is placing the signs where I want them. I use a C172 in slew mode to position the "X" in order to determine exactly where I want the sign placed. I have been using the center of the sign as a reference point but that doesn't seem to work - the signs are always too far left or too far right.:( I have tried many times to position the signs by slowly moving the coordinates of the sign but that doesn't work either. I can get close to where I want the sign but never in the exact location.I would appreciate any help or suggestions. Thanks.Tom

Guest GCBarni

The entry called "Justification" will determine to some amount how your sign appears. For instance, if "Right" is selected, then the left side of the sign will be in the centre of your C172 and everything that is supposed to display on your sign will go towards the right. In other words, the centre of the sign is _not_ centred on the same coordinates as the centre of the plane. You would then need to shift the C172 to _its_ left a little bit if the position of the sign weren't satisfactory. Reducing the values for "Sensitivities" under the "Options" / "Controls" menu will aid in contolling the slewing of the C172.That covers the left / right position. For the forward / rear position, it is guaged about the centre of the wing and fuselage, not quite at the rear edge of the wing.And, in case you weren't aware, to get the correct angle of the sign, you have to include the Magnetic Variance in the "Heading" window.

Guest wathomas777

I know nothing about using the taxiway sign creator you speak of, but as far as using a Cessna in slew mode, well, I tried that and it's not great.When placing RWY 12 objects for my Alabama Airport Enhancements, (altrio.zip) I found the following files to be absolutely invaluable.search in the library for chb_e_lv.zip, or chb_m_lv.zip. They are miscellaneous FS2002 "psuedo" aircraft that consist of a crosshair and surrounding range markers to give you really accurate placement of objects. The files come in two versions.chb_e_lv.zip uses "english" measurements whereas chb_m_lv.zip uses metric. If you are using scenery design tools to locate positions using slew, these are absolutely invaluable.I think you will find them a big improvement over trying to "guess" using a default cessna.And don't be discouraged by the FS2002 bit. They work just fine in FS2004 as well.

Guest flightplan

Hi,Thanks, GCBARNI, for your reply. You give an excellent description of how to place the signs. I've notice that the "justification" box is greyed out and left justification is my only choice. It doesn't make that much differece, though. At least now I know what to do.Thanks again,Tom:-)

Guest flightplan

Hi,Thanks, Will, for your reply. I'll check out the design tools you mentioned - sounds like they will be helpful.Tom:-)

Guest sb55mv

Hi Guy'show about a link to the program location/web site that has this "Taxiway Sign Edditor" for us to look atthanks