Sign in to follow this  
Guest B742FAN

this product will become milestone for liners add-ons

Guest panda234

has anyone had this experience with the madog md-80? Or is it just paid advertising? BTW, atrocious grammar, but it's a quote, I'm sorry. billg

Guest ponyboy

Sounds like a tad bit of hype at the moment. (Well, they gotta sell the darn thing!). But reading some of the other active threads on the subject appears it wasn't even really ready for release. I read there is no user's manual included, the FMC is buggy, I guess it comes with a model that is sub-standard. Ever since LAGO's FSE fiasco I avoid their products (again not deliverying what was promised and very buggy), but I would just search more of the active threads on the subject to get a better view on wheather to purchase now or wait til the dust settles.

Guest secks

I have a hunch that Lago rushed this one out the door so the MDMAX wouldn't sweep away prospective customers. Although I'd love to purchase a good MD80, I am reluctant to buy Lago because I don't believe they have a proven track record for _high fidelity_ aircraft simulations. On the other hand, the MDMAX only has 2d panels at the moment, but what appears to be top-of-the-line systems fidelity. If only the two could be merged :)

Guest B742FAN

I went and bit the bullet last night and bought it. I also had a bad FSE experience and was quite wary of purchasing something like this (it's expensive) from them. As far as my first impression, It's very close to being very good. The panel functionality had a good "feel" to it, things clicked the right way and sounds were quite good. The model situation is confusing at best, but I gather they will be having a high-quality Jet-City MD model with the VC in short order.The kicker for me in making the decision was the use of the PIC/PMDG navdata, flying on VATSIM it really is important to have a good clean database to work with. The FMC is quite familiar to the 737's, you'll know what you are doing right away. However, once I decided to fly from KSTL to KDFW, I entered in the identifiers in the route page and CRASH as soon as I put KDFW in the plan it goes POOF! Evidently 99.9% compatibility with PMDG's navdata isn't quite 99.9%. Overall it's quite a promising product but the FMC needs to be patched. __Josh

Guest ponyboy

Well, ya got more guts than I do B742fan. I would rarely ever purchase an add-on from anyone on the first day of release these days. Seems products are going out the door more often "not ready". Then instead of a nice purchase experience your left with a bitter taste in your mouth waiting for fixes, updates, and patches rather than flying.That seems to be case with LAGO these days. Their products come across so promising only to have snafus in various areas... so I will wait and read the reviews.

Guest B742FAN

Yeah.. I hadn't been flying in a while and decided maybe this would get me back into it. It did in a way.. Now that I'm back flying the DF727 I'm a happy camper.If they fix that FMS they'll have a product.___Josh