Sign in to follow this  
conura

757. A worthy upgrade to the 777?

Hello all,

Just a quick question. The 777 is a nice aircraft but I do feel it is a bit light compared to the ngx and dcs aircraft I've flown in the past. Is the 757 a significant upgrade in terms of systems and cockpit modelling? I've read two reviews but there isn't much in the way of a direct comparison.

If not, is there anything out there significantly ahead of the 777 in terms of modelling, or is the 777 pretty much the pinnacle and I should wait for the ixeg 737?

Thanks for your advice :)

If you're not just looking for Boeing aircraft for X-Plane 10, I'd recommend Jardesign's A320. At first, I, too, was skeptical about the systems and how well it performed. However, I was completely wrong. Hands down - one of the best addons for X-Plane out there.

Everything - from complete overhead functionality to leveling off at 10,000ft to gain speed just like the real Airbuses - all modeled correctly. You may have to tweak X-Plane to get the most out of the FBW - but other than that, its a complete package. FMGCs included.

3HSAJHT.png

TFDi Design

Hi Hank,

Thanks very much for the suggestion. I was under the impression that Airbus' couldn't be accurately modelling because Airbus will not release the required specs or licences - is this no longer correct? What I'm looking for is almost complete realism with no guess work as to how any systems work. The model of it is beautiful so I'm hoping the answer is yes, and it's quite cheap too!

I don't know what Jardesign used to build their Airbus. However, from their systems, it needs more tweaking. For example, the lower ECAM needs a fix so that it displays the "Cruise" page instead of having to manually press "Door" and double click "All". Just small, minor errors. However, the systems are all there, even weather radar and terrain display.

Here is a screenshot from my A320: http://i.imgur.com/QpAexLx.jpg

So - if you don't mind really few minor, minor bugs, I'd go for the Jardesign A320. I did and I never regret it. B)

3HSAJHT.png

TFDi Design

If you're not just looking for Boeing aircraft for X-Plane 10, I'd recommend Jardesign's A320. At first, I, too, was skeptical about the systems and how well it performed. However, I was completely wrong. Hands down - one of the best addons for X-Plane out there.

I disagree, I own the FF 777, the FF757 and the JARD A320. My favorite of the three is clearly the FF757, the FF777 is second and the JARD A320 is the last. I found the system on the JARD to inferior in modeling when compared with FlightFactor, plus the JARD A320 have some problem with the FBW implentation.

For me me the FF757 is a nice upgrade from the FF777, the 3d cockpit is more accurate with better 3d and textures and the system are a bit more complex (improved system modeling and failure, dual FMC, simulation of both engines options)

I like JARs A320, but the lack being able to assign waypoint speed restrictions drives me crazy.

Just purchased the 757. The 777 felt a tiny bit light for me in terms of modelling so hopefully the 757 will make up for it :)

Thanks for the advice all!

(also purchased SkyMAxx pro addon, what a huge improvement to both fps and the look of the sim!)

SkyMaxx Pro looks good at lower altitudes but higher up at tubeliner cruise levels it suffers like the default clouds from the small radius depiction, meaning you don't see clouds stretching out to the horizon. What I would like to see in SMP is an option to activate distant lower-quality clouds to fill out the skies (depending upon the weather conditions of course). An option to cast ground shadows (something that the default clouds can do, and something that its main competitor today Prepar3d 2.2 will be able to do in a few weeks) will also be a very desirable upgrade.

Bit of feedback after 5 hours with the 757; massive improvement over the 777. All switches work, cockpit is modelled beautifully and I'm seeing far more information on the FMC now. Feels like a PMDG aircraft, the sound effects, animations etc are all a far higher quality imo!

Glad I bought it :)