Sign in to follow this  
Eagle Spirit

Where are the FSX pilot log / records located?

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\ 

The above is the path I followed, then "Granted Rewards" (I think  :wacko: ). I saw a PDF, but it wouldn't open it. I tried Note Pad, but it was garbled / unreadable. I'd like to save it to a thumb drive, then paste it into my new reinstall of FSX, in my new system. Don't want to lose all those flight hours :blush: .

Thanks, Eagle

Is this what ypu're looking for?

%username%\MyDocuments\Flight Simulator X Files\Logbook.bin

Chris.

Christopher Bell.

Looks like it should be, but Adobe Reader says "not a supported file or file may be damaged". Tried Note Pad and the script was garbled words, unreadable  :wacko:

Why would you want to read it? it can be accessed from within FSX

Chris.

Christopher Bell.

You'd think would be an easy task.

Chris, read my post again! Reinstalling in a new, high end Haswell system. I don't want to lose my flt. hours.

I don't believe that logbook.bin is readable using 'normal' programs like Adobe or notepad. But if you copy it and paste it into your new system it should be OK in FSX. I've done that several times when upgrading systems.

You can save both the logbook.bin and the "Granted Rewards" and paste them both into your new system and not lose anything.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Just make copies of those files and put the copies in your new system in the same locations as the old system and insure the file names and extensions are the same os they were in the old system.

One thing you do NOT want to do is make ANY changes to the logbook.bin file with any

program other than one of the logbook editor utility programs. Do NOT use the edit

function in the FSX GUI or you stand a very good chance of corrupting that file! There

is a bug with the FSX logbook editing function that never got fixed and results in corruption

of the file. When that happens, FSX 'hangs' on the splash screen and will not run!

BTW, the 'bin' extension stands for 'binary'...that format can be read/manipulated with a

HEX editor but ONLY if you know what you are doing.

Paul

Wide-5.jpg

To OP

Download something called Logbook Editor. It saves all your log records, which can then be re-imported