Sign in to follow this  
BrianG

Looking for an updated twin- different than what I have

Hi all,

The only GA twin I have is the Eaglesoft Twin Comanche. Eaglesoft did a fine job with this one and I use it often.   Was probably ahead of its time when it was released. But, being it's an earlier release, the graphics and perhaps other aspects of this AC are a bit dated by today's standards. It seems to have nice systems modeling  and FDE.

So I"m looking for an updated GA twin, something that would be a bit of a departure and perhaps a substantial upgrade from the Comanche ( if there is one out there). For those who have the ES Comanche and a more updated GA twin, I'd love to hear from you. For the sake of novelty, looking for a twin that feels different and perhaps behaves different than the Comanche. Systems wise, the more complex, the better.  Been looking at the Milvis Baron 55. Not sure I want to spend $45 for the Real air Duke V2 unless I can be convinced otherwise ( I want to be convinced). All recommendations and advice are greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot.

Brian-

Can't go wrong in my opinion with either the Milvis B55, Flight1 KingAir B200 or the Real AIr Duke V2, all 3 are fantastic twins.

Cheers

Martin

The duke would be a more like for like replacement then the King Air.

The Duke is fantastic, you will not be disappointed. One of my favorites, especially with the Reality XP integration

The RealAir Duke v2 is the best small twin I've flown to date.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

The MilViz B55 and Carenado C90 are the two twins I log the greatest number of hours in.  I like both very much, and for different reasons.  The C90 is a more modern approach and has a more modern feel.  The B55 is perhaps the most realistic feeling model I fly, and I say that as IRL it was the twin in which I gained both my multi and instrument ratings in the early 70's (US Army T-42).  I've been known to sit for a few minutes in my 1969 MGB roadster sports car before flying the B55, just to add to the effect (similar vintage materials and smells).  I do not have the Real Air Duke.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

RealAir Duke is the best GA twin i own.

Also, +1 for Digital Aviation PA32T.

I didn't tried Fligth1 B200. I know there are a lot of good reviews about this plane. I am interested in this plane and i would appreciate if someone who own both of them, could compare Flight1 B200 with RealAir B60, or / and DA PA32T. I would be interested more in systems and flight dynamcis comparison. Cannot decide to pull the trigger for B200(yes, i know about flight1 refund policy :lol:  ).

I'm not hijacking this thread, I'm sure this can only be a contribution for original question  ^_^  

Of those mentioned I have the old V1 Duke, the Milviz B55, the DA Cheyenne and the F1 KA200. Addon additct...

Anyway, I find the Duke a bit boring and the Cheyenne a bit dated. Can't speak for the V2 but I do have and love their newer Legacy and love it. 

My favorite of the four is the KA200, it feels and looks amazing. But it's a turbo prop and much faster with a very complex cockpit. The B55 is very "retro" and I love how it feels to hand fly. I think the B55 could also be a great buy for you.

Heya Brian, 

I have the Milviz B55 and C310, the Carenado B200 and C90, the RealAir Duke V1/V2 and the Turbine, and the F1 B200. Yeah, I know - I have a problem...    :P

Unfortunately, since moving to P3D V1.4 I have not flown the F1 B200, but it was far and away the most sophisticated flyer of the models I have - it is the one model I *really* miss since moving to P3D.

The Carenado B200 is a distant second to the F1 - a pretty girl, but do not expect her to do well on the SAT. The C90 surprised me - I actually like it quite a bit, and of the turbines it is the one I like flying the most, with the Duke Turbine close behind. The Duke, in particular, is a total hot rod - just insane amounts of power.

But the pistons are where my heart lies, and none of the three (B55, C310, and Duke) disappoint. However, the Duke, especially V2, is just a sweet flying aircraft. Every time I hop in and start her up it is just enjoyable. The C310 (on sale at Flightsim I believe) is retro, the B55, like most MilViz aircraft, has a "made from billet" feel but the Duke is just sweet. She is that really hot looking MILF down the street that gives you that appreciative glance now and then...    :lol:  Frooglesim did a really nice video review - look it up on The Google - you won't be disappointed.

John

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

Frooglesim also did a great 3 part video on the Flight 1 King Air B200 that you might want to check out also.

Cheers

Martin

Thanks to everyone for the feedback. It's very helpful. For those who have the F1 B200,with the glass cockpit and complexity,  are you noticing any kind of performance drop compared with your other GA AC? I'll be flying primarily in ORBYX PNW.

Thanks again.

Brian-

It looks like your moving in the direction of the F1 B200 which is a great choice but before you pull the trigger let me throw out a sleeper not mentioned above...

While not the same as the others  the Carenado Cessna 337 Skymaster is a twin too and IMO is one of the most overlooked and underrated GA cruisers available.  It has a very nice FDE, full IFR capabilities, great model and VC graphics, easy on framerates too.  Can cruise about 160-165knts which isn't blistering but isn't slow. It also has a nice high wing for sight seeing in VFR conditions and can still get into all those short strips in ORBX PNW.  I fly mine in that region all the time for the reasons mentioned.

It's looks may not appeal to everyone (I've always found it sleek/graceful looking myself) but it is still worth considering.

RE Thomason Jr.

the Carenado Cessna 337 Skymaster is a twin too

Ah, yes. I too have the C337, but just can't get the idea of it being a twin!  

But Blaze is right, it is a pretty nice aircraft for tooling along, does have REALLY excellent visibility for low and slow, and is generally acknowledged as being one of the most accurate flight models from Carenado.

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick